1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I can't speak for everyone, but when I was making UI mods my main stated purpose was to test out ideas and demonstrate ui features for the devs. Modders have a chance to try experimental and risky ideas that the devs don't have the time or money to try. When a mod proves that it works, sometimes Uber will include that idea in the base game. One that I am very proud of is the inclusion of notification PiPs into the game.
    tatsujb, cdrkf, elodea and 4 others like this.
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

So now i know who to blame
    ljfed, cdrkf, cptconundrum and 2 others like this.
  3. elodea

elodea Post Master General

erm. List of mods that PA would be significantly worse without in no particular order
    • PAMM
      No pamm, no mods
    • PA stats
      No PA stats, no community, no competitive scene, no exodus esports
    • Hotbuild 2
      No half the playerbase
    • Autofactory
      No half the rest of the playerbase
    • System sharing
      No new maps and content sharing, everyone has left PA already after playing PAX prime yet again.
    • Queller AI
      Much less singleplayer replayability
    • More pew pew
      Makes the game actually readable
    • Technical mods and bug fix mods
      Fixing critical bugs faster than uber especially during beta, and adding support functionality for others (wondible the wonder man).
    • Kappa strategic icon
      Obvious why this is the most important game feature and pinnacle mod ever implemented. Open your eyes to the truth Kappa
    • Captain Conundrums notification PiPs
      Game would run too fast for anyone to comprehend what was going on without notification PiPs to slow it down enough
    tatsujb, ljfed, cptconundrum and 5 others like this.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I think you also forgot the "Non toxic community" mod. I heard that it's still in development but something may come of it next century!
  5. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

There is nothing toxic about what elodea said...
    Stop trying to dinamite others conversations, is neither funny or cool.
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Wait why isnt anyone talking about me! Hahaha.

I suppose what this means for me is that i'll be limiting my time spent in PA from now on.

The things that mods have brought to this game are beyond anything i'd ever expected or hoped for. I am grateful that modders have sought me out for ideas and to test their work, and have even made one at my request. There are so many creators that i dare not try name them all until i can make an accurate list...

Mods have increased the longevity of PA for me, and has made the game playable as an rts should be... Not being a button masher. No one can argue that moddi has not improved our overall experience... And there could have been no better decision by the devs than Ito allow UI mods in multiplayer.

They just arent as accessible as one would hope to newer players, and add a ton of features we would have all hoped were in the vanilla version.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

You and I have very different definitions of "significantly," it would seem.
    Of the above, the only one that is of "higher quality" than vanilla itself is (most of the time) the queller AI mod.
  8. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    also dinamite isn't a word.
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Also, there was nothing toxic in what gh0st said (perhaps just some gripe you have yourself). Also, taken into proper context, is pretty funny joke.
    Heizmeister likes this.
  10. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Let's move on...
    cdrkf, Geers and stuart98 like this.