1. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

With the lack of support or word from the devs, i don't know if i will continue to play PA much longer. This game is filled with bugs, questionable design decisions, and the servers aren't even stable.
    Every time i play the game i see so much lack of self respect from the players. I see a game that could be great, but is still in sorry state. We hear nothing from the devs for months on end yet again.
    I am happy that i have met so many amazing people through PA, but i regret investing so much time into something with such unfulfilled potential.
    I am tired of playing ranked games against fools. I do not enjoy getting gang banged in free for alls. I am finished with salty noobs deleting their entire teams commanders.
    There is just so much stupid going on here and i just don't see this being worth my time anymore.
    If the devs would just make this game function like a complete product, we would have a thriving community. Noobs and top ten players alike wouldn't be getting frustrated with being matced against each other.
    I don't think i'll personally be playing much PA for a while. I am done disrespecting myself with such nonsense.
    Maybe i'll see you all for the next paid patch. Maybe you'll see me tomorrow. Who knows.
    I am just frustrated with the current state of affairs.
    jomiz likes this.
  2. xankar

xankar Post Master General

For me, the biggest return I got out of this game was being able to meet and play with such awesome people. It'll be a shame to see another fellow go if you really do intend to depart. Regardless, take care TehAnni :)
    cptconundrum, ljfed and elodea like this.
  3. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way... I don't enjoy PA bc of the game anymore (I've done everything there is to do) I enjoy PA now because it is hanging out with friends (so cliche) PA is boring if you play it to git gud, there simply aint a scene for that. You need a more casual approach. I like hanging out on ts, doing some casual games, getting some good team games, wrecking someone who challenges 1v1 etc :) To be on a high level 1v1 now is easy if you have the skills so why bother? Just enjoy and spear the struggle until it is actually worth it, which might be never :D When there is a tournament going grab some drinks (or many) and have a fun time. That is how I'm having fun and it is working.

And anni, stop que up in ranked. Everyone know thats boring. Face it the ladder is broken and UberFixBrokenLadder is never gonna happen. If you want to play 1v1 grab another good player or a friend and host a good bunch of 1v1 games yourself. That way you get both good games, more fun and you don't have to play those overplayed automated ranked maps that everyone is so darn fed up with.

I know you man and I feel like I'm gonna see you around soon :) If not it was a pleasure getting to know you. You are a nice guy :) (**** I'm getting cliche again)
    Nicb1 likes this.
  4. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Rip
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  5. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Yeah. Of course i will still play pa, but i just may need to put it into words that im not going to be playing it as much.
    I thrive off of competition and there isnt much reason to be competitive here.
    I'll be spending most of my time working on music and getting ready for tournaments in other games i suppose.
    I'll still be streaming and talking to myself on ts lol
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

7. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Mods should not have to be a replacement for support from the devs
    MrTBSC likes this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I would be very surprised if we've seen the last of PA updates. Patience.

Also, the Legion mod looks to be higher quality than what the devs have put into the vanilla faction thus far imho; once that gets released, I'd say that the future of PA is not dark.
    tatsujb, Furballman and cdrkf like this.
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Unfortunately i think you'll find that every game has idiots, bad trolls, and unfriendly people. Hope you don't associate that with PA specifically. You're right that it's quite buggy though.

All the best
  10. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I would expect nothing more than bugfixes since Sorian was let go
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Ftfy :p they just moved him to their new company. No he's not working on PA anymore... Unless they are doing a VR port of it ofc...
  12. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You do realise that's precisely why and how modding support improves the lifespan of a game, right?

Developers cannot afford to support a game forever (regardless of what's happening with PA). Mod support helps the community keep the games they like alive. It's why it's so popular to have in a game.
  13. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

There are countless mods that are so far ahead of what the devs could have done to improve the game that can make it a completely different experience.

Do you know about sins of the prophets? Or European warfare hawk's mod? Pretty much all mods of star wars warlords? Or to some extent the proper steam workshop? Long war?

Countless
  14. theseeker2

beyond the custom server support of the faster server browser mod, I'm not seeing anything "far" ahead of what the devs could have done
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I fixed a really old bug and so did @dom314 with the amd shader issue.

Also, pa stats and the mini map mod.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  16. theseeker2

which mods are your bugfixes included with?
    The only "groundbreaking" mod is the custom browser mod, because at some point in the future, custom servers will be the only way to access multiplayer matches, something that the developers can not possibly prevent.
    Legion is pretty nice but to tout it as "better quality than vanilla" is pretty condescending
  17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It's called a bug fix for the invisible leviathan bug or something on PAMM.

I could say the same about PA stats allowing the player to see statistics, which is groundbreaking imo.

And I'm not touting legion as better than vanilla because it's not and we have like 2 people who actually create the units.
    Ksgrip likes this.
  18. theseeker2

Never had that bug myself.
    Stuart was touting legion as higher quality than vanilla.
    And I could just as easily say that the game does show you the statistics, it just doesn't aggregate them for you, which can be done with pencil and paper so, I would not consider it "groundbreaking" as much as just convenient.
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Or the effects mod, Orbital warfare overhaul mod which the devs blatantly copied in the expansion. Many Ui improvements that the devs also copied. Mainly any @wondible mod.... Really they could have implemented an instant sandbox but we have this awesome mod that lets modders work a lot easier. What else, the difunt modx which was made by ONE SINGLE PERSON...
    If you say that the modding community didn't do anything important you know **** about modding and what this community has achieved. With all respects

Edit: this is not for you kiwi I just used your comment as a pivot

Edit 2: I can't believe I wrote that bad the response but I couldn't hold the laugh when checked it. Sorry for such horrendously written text.
    Last edited: February 26, 2016
    emraldis likes this.
  20. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

It is, and it is a correct statement