UBER love-in

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drz1, November 7, 2013.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

With some of the progress made in the last few builds, it has gotten me incredibly excited to see how things move forward in early 2014. Keep up the great work, guys!
    stormingkiwi and LavaSnake like this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Bringing this thread back from the dead because gamma is just... :eek:

You guys are just awesome! Everything is really starting to feel like it is coming together now in gamma, and I can't wait for what you give us next!
  3. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Yeh, despite the somewhat frustrating lobby issues, I am IN LOVE with this game in it's newest form. Bring on GAMMA, baby!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It's also the first patch where the balance lets us play with all our land units instead of just rushing air or some other cheese. Scathis deserves a trophy!
    medal.jpg
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That's about as bad as saying to your Girlfriend after sex- 'you're the second best I've ever had'....

Oh the awkward questions after that! So go on then- who's the 'most awesome' in your opinion?!
  6. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Dear Uber,
    You're so awesome and amazing, that I'd murder/suicide us if you ever stopped making PA amazing.
    Please don't make me do that, my murder/suicide machine is no where near completion.
    Sincerely,
    Oath "Don't make me do it" Alliance

P.S. Everything above was meant to be taken in fun. If you do not understand, wipe it from your mind and move along.
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Great Job uber, We can all see ur love for this game. :)
  8. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Uber is making the best game in the history of the world. Don't listen to the people who haven't discovered the awesomeness
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Uber has done a fantastic job with developing this game. They have made a game that has enough depth to keep players hooked for ages, without attaching unneeded complexity that would drive away new players. That alone is worth its weight in gold - because it implies the game will have staying power in the long run.

And I got to Beta test it :D
    We'll be famous everywhere......

I also appreciate the effort Uber has put into their community. Only a few other developers of sufficient size do this, and so far, you guys have topped my list. You make people like SOE look like downright jerks, and EA like the devil himself. THAT deserves a pay raise. At the least.

I know this game has tons of potential, and I want to help realize that potential and expand the horizon of what this game can do. And in 2020, when you guys are done coasting on this massive success, I hope you make a PA 2 that will blow this game out of the water. Maybe it could be holographic. XD

Keep up the good work Uber. I remain skeptical in my own little corner, but this game......*sigh*

Bring me MOAR. :p
    vyolin, arthursalim and FSN1977 like this.
  10. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Nailed it right there :)
  11. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

So do you guys wanna make this as a community project for the uber developers. For real.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I give Uber permission to quote me on a livestream about this. You deserve a selfish plug every now and then.

:O
    FSN1977 likes this.
  13. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I am feeling like I need to put in my story aswell, as a kid myself and my brothers all played TA and it was amazing. I loved it ^^ even though I might have been horrible at it I still loved it :) then as a Teen I found and played supcom, my computer could barely play it but I also loved it, I loved everything about it even though I was a total turtle and just messed around with infinite resources to build experiments and have huge crazy battles that would usually end in a lag and crashing xD

However to now come to Planetary Annihilation found it on kick starter, backed it for beta and to just come in on beta launch (even hanged out with BL's launch party and then eventually became a member of theirs) in which I was completely horrible at the game. But I learned and I practiced and since rts's have always been my favorite type of game, even more so when they have this type of eco and play style! I've been able to (unlike the other rts's I've played) become competitive with it and I have to tell you I'm loving every second of it :)

I just love it, this game is already amazing to me. I am so happy that it exists, that I am able to be part of it and just that is already so much fun to play even in this state ^^ it means it can only get better and I know the you guys (Uber) are the guys to do it ^^

So no matter all the hate and complaints that you guys get, remember that the work you have done so far, in so little time, is just amazing and awesome and I (as I'm sure many others are) just love that this exists and I look forward to everything that comes next :D
    LavaSnake likes this.
  14. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

Look, Uber is good and all, but to claim expectations are "insane" is kind of insane in-and-of itself. There is nothing insane about holding them to the claims they made and saying so is incredibly inflammatory. I don't wanna derail your thread, but that is borderline flamebait.
  15. Devak

Devak Post Master General

and you're taking the bait?:p

Uber is Uber-awesome
    Last edited: March 14, 2014
    cptconundrum and iron420 like this.
  16. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Uber is awesome and this game is a heavenly gift to us mortals.
    Murcanic likes this.
  17. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Planetary Annihilation is best RTS game I've ever played. It's time to overthrone SC2 at esport scene! :D
    The thing that I love uber the most for is that they listen to community unlike blizzard with Starcraft 2. Sc2 has design problems and devs just say PR responses and do nothing, while uber definitely listens.
  18. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

YEAH we need som Uber love :)
    Murcanic likes this.
  19. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Also Garat and Mavor laying down the law to people. I love watching them passive-aggressively answer foolish comments/posts.

Then sometimes they go full "Boots on the ground" and just Kabam! Take that sucker out!
    LavaSnake, FSN1977 and cptconundrum like this.
  20. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Thanks for taking an old and out of context quote to push your agenda. That's AWESOME. This quote has nothing to do with the recent Gamma kerfuffle, it was merely a comment on the high expectations of some of the user base at this still relatively early stage of development (November).