Uber live Monday August 30th, 4PM PST Post your questions!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, August 25, 2010.

1. obscurement

obscurement New Member

I tried playing that way, just to test it out. My k/d was less then .500 (usually it's a little over 1). And before everyone jumps in on the "your not playing it right" wagon, I've been playing an Assassin since day one, and I understand that it's more about pushing the line and juicing up. That doesn't stop me from dying from bots who can see me now, when I have to defend my line from another Pro. The point is, with the length of the animation, the low HP of the Assassin (even with the Gold armor upgrade) it makes the class pretty useless.

I'm going to keep trying because I've really loved the game so far, but from the few games I tried with the no-cloak grapple, I can see myself not playing Assassin again. Which is a shame because that's been my favorite class, by far.
  2. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Well, if that's our response, then I'm more than happy to at least try it.

The fact that he's asking us to attempt it, and THEN give feedback, is a fair question, no?

True, they wont be able to change it soon afterward should everyone agree it's an unnecessary adjustment, but from his reply, then that means they're keeping an open mind to it. And, in that case, so should we.
  3. Rawfulll

Rawfulll New Member

I played a game without it, but I rarely ever grappled. Like 5 grapples/19 kills. I used my shuriken a lot more than I ususally do because they were in their base (with turrets =/).

I've mainly been testing out other classes, though, just in case I really don't like the change.
  4. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

I actually didn't realise you could cloak while grappling for the first few days of MNC so in theory I've experience the game with this change... and it was all the less fun for it. The cloaking while grappling felt like a neat little skill / piece of game knowledge that lent it a feeling of depth and finesse but now new players won't get to enjoy this odd little discovery :/