UBER - Everything is too hard to distinguish from one another in this game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xanath, October 1, 2013.

1. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

This is exactly what I mean but intuitive.
    Right now, they kinda don't make much sense, hoping it gets better! :)
  2. fishtickler

fishtickler New Member

I personally have no problems determining what is what in pa. I can tell the difference between the icons and know the difference between a air factory and a vehicle factory . If anyone isn't taking the advantage of the zoom feature.They need to learn they need to take a step back and realize this is a game of mass armies you cannot be zoomed in when there are 15 different battles happening. This is the style of this rts genre. If you want to micro 1-2 units I can suggest star craft. The Zoom feature is defiantly not flawed by far in fact this was a huge step for the whole rts genre when it came out on sup comm.

Anyways this is just my personal opinion. Thank you uber for continuing and advancing this rts genre. I cant wait for the finished product of this game. Loving it so far
  3. philomorph

philomorph New Member

I think two of my biggest problems currently are:

fabs are hard for me to spot when they are right next a large building, because the color palette is so limited (when zoomed in of course)

the constantly changing shadows and light changes are a neat idea, but currently they make it harder to recognize units.

These of course are both partly mitigated with strategic icons, but the icons are all too similar and all the same color, so when they are grouped up, it's not a lot better.

I think one thing that can really help is making extensive use of the camera and group shortcuts to define your groups and locations for quick retrieval.

In that vein, I think a really great feature would be one I saw in another RTS (don't recall which) - squad auto-join. If I define a mixed group of units, and a newly built unit that matches one of those types already in the group wanders off the assembly line and into the same staging location, it automatically joins that group. Otherwise when you are running a long assembly of units you have to keep redefining the group over time if you are relocating them in the mean time.
  4. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

On other thing, the missile defence tower and the radar look super-similar.