Uber Communication

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bombanater, November 10, 2014.

?

Do you think Uber has lived up to there promises of greater communication with the fanbase?

1. Yes

102 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Wait a minute, isn't Statera the word for a literal physical "balance" (i.e. scales), where "balance" in a figurative sense would be aequalitas?
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I can't remember exactly, but I thought Statera sounded the best, personally. Nice and easy to remember; it roles off the tongue easy. :p
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I keep trying to say Stratera or Stratego or something.
    cola_colin, stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  4. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Which is the exact opposite of the experience I've had. When I was on PA's Steam discussions it was toxic and extremely brutal. This was around the time PA went into Early Access on steam. I was helping people but due to the volatile environment I had enough of it and left. It's good to see that steam discussions is not as bad as it once was.
  5. mered4

I find this disturbing. There were tons of KS backers - where have they gone?

(Slightly rhetorical)
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Other buyers becoming the majority does not mean that the KS backers have left (necessarily). It only means that something completely expected (or at least hoped for) has come. You don't want the people who backed you on KS to be your majority, considering the KS ended and the outside buyers do not have that same limit on time. :p
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You find it disturbing that KS backers became the minority? Were you hoping for a sales failure or something?
    cola_colin and squishypon3 like this.
  8. mered4

I meant the opposite of what you are thinking, bro :D

I don't think the KS backers being the minority is the problem - I think it's their scarcity that is the problem.
  9. lokiCML

Don't worry you have one right here.;)

edit: My credentials provided below
    KS_Badges.PNG
    Last edited: November 11, 2014
    mered4 likes this.
  10. Quitch

It was a pool of players that was only ever going to shrink, thus I don't think measuring it is helpful.
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I'll just point out these forums are the only place I see these types of threads. On Reddit, Steam, Youtube I don't see any threads asking for more communication from Uber.
    MrTBSC and igncom1 like this.
  12. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

We haven't all disappeared from the forums. Anyway, its been a couple of years, which is a long time for a lot of people to follow a forum. Just because they aren't here doesn't mean they aren't still around in the game.
    mered4, nateious and lokiCML like this.
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

And that's why our badges from the armoury need to be shown in-game. :)
    lokiCML likes this.
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They are a quiet minority. In fact, some aren't that involved is all. Just another side-game to them. I remember 1 this month, asking if he should have a game key yet. They have had one for almost a year now...
  15. nateious

nateious Active Member

Another kickstarter here...

I have enough time to occasionally browse the forms, but I don't have enough time to post every day and keep up with every single thread. I'll usually just skim a few of the newest threads like comments that seem interesting. I've only got so much time IRL to dedicate to PA, so most of it goes to trying to get my buddies to hop into a game and play.
    lokiCML likes this.
  16. lokiCML

If we're not there target demographic I truly don't understand. Why the don't spend 5 to 30 minutes disseminating announcements, status updates, roadmaps, etc. Through the multiple official channels at there disposal. It doesn't make marketing or public relations sense. You know?:confused:
    Those places do not have the same status as Uber's official PA forum does. There's people showing up here truly not understanding what's going on and they're just trying to find information. That they don't have and make decisions such as purchasing PA, returning to it, or backing a kickstarter campaign to see what is going on with PA.
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This information is wrong. There is pretty much guys on Steam who wish more information about development state and I have no doubt guys on reddit also care about a lot. As someone who spend more time on Steam PA's forums than anyone else I pretty sure about that.

Though about Youtube... first rule of youtube... don't read comment's on youtube... :D

PS: To make it clear personally I think that Uber handled communication with community a lot better than most of developers from Kickstarter and this is only reason I'm here on this forum. Though there is always things can be done better and communication with wider audience could be better, but I totally understand there is serious trade off between spending money on development or communication.

If someone seeing game development companies which looks more transparent and communicate with community more: it's never come for free and such communication is hard every day job in addition to work on project.
    Remy561 and lokiCML like this.
  18. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Same here :confused:
  19. Quitch

Clearly Stuart and Squishy have been spelling it wrong all this time.
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Seconded.