Uber; as someone who doesn't pay attention....

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Tormidal, July 13, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

But... muh exclusive pixels ;~;
    darac likes this.
  2. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Even a simple lie is still a lie nonetheless... Sucking up to anybody really gives me a nasty feeling. Do you have any idea what exclusive means? If people don't care if they're are being lied to, what does it even matter?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'd like to say it's more about "expectations" than actually "wanting" it, we were told up front(with very recent re-enforcement) that it would be exclusive. Uber might see the Able as being different enough, but clearly with the blowback from the Delta/Invictus and the Able Debacles there are clearly those who don't agree.

Mike
    brianpurkiss, lokiCML and gtf50 like this.
  4. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Clearly, you guys have been whining enough about it.
    Last edited: July 13, 2014
  5. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Clearly, we have been losing about it:rolleyes:
    gtf50 likes this.
  6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You know I just realized.

You guys do realize you're complaining about something that you literally never look at in-game?
    Okay yeah fine Uber lied, but I mean specifically the people that actually give a crap about exclusivity.
    This is a model that you spend maybe 4 seconds looking at in entire games, after which it just becomes an icon that you need to protect.
    Fr33Lancer and squishypon3 like this.
  7. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Lol damn auto correct
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well to be fair I think they're more so complaining about the principle of it rather than the actual unit. :p
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

You know I used this fact to comment on the prices for the Armory Commanders and people basically said "It's Cosmetic so Uber gets a Pass" and well that is kinda frustrating, Expecially give that you find much more value in cosmetics from games like League of Legends.

For me at this point it's about trying to set right what I feel is a horrible precendent.

Mike
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I don't even have the progenitor and I'm complaining. Honestly, I don't care if they change it, I just want them to admit they made an honest mistake (simple oversight?) and learn from it. Hell, they could add a box in the back and they're in the clear. The Internet is full of sensitive people, and I'd love for Uber to not feel their wrath.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We don't blame you for trying.

Even if we don't agree with you, thanks for trying.
  12. gtf50

gtf50 Member

Very much this. Uber made a promise, but then changed their mind. Uber lied. I currently believe this was in fact a mistake, and won't happen again (though as has been mentioned, this has happened before). I still think well of Uber, I'm just a tad annoyed (and like webster, I don't have the progenitor).

One of the reasons I am annoyed by this is because these sorts of lies are unfortunately common in business, and the gaming industry in particular. From the Aliens: Colonial Marines and Watch Dogs debacles, to the Mass Effect 3 "your choices matter" statement, this is a pattern. This has happened before, and it will all happen again.

Those may be more egregious examples, and the Able commander issue isn't on the same level, but there is one similarity I would like to mention:

With the possible exception of Aliens: Colonial Marines, I don't believe I have ever heard of the affected consumers being able to do anything about the various lies they were told, except make noise, which is something of a shame. It is a sort of uncomfortable that is probably best explained by pop culture reference:

[​IMG]

Hence: forum threads.
    Last edited: July 14, 2014
    carlorizzante and brianpurkiss like this.
  13. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

It's just adding up to a long list, it's clear they don't care for a long time.

As I've said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if the kickstater stretch goal that didn't make it in the release will appears as paid DLC in the future for example.
    Or if the stand alone server is never released to the public.
    carlorizzante and brianpurkiss like this.
  14. squishypon3

I sincerely doubt either of those possibilities will happen from the company that paid for their own game to keep it running straight from their pockets whilst bankrupt and receiving no further revenue from said game for as long as they could. (One of the MNC games)
    DeadStretch likes this.
  15. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Bringing up the charity is simply a logical fallacy. Multiple fallacies at that.

We are happy Uber is helping charity.

We're not happy about them going back on their Kickstarter promise and the implications.
  16. thepilot

I wouldn't be so sure.

On their FAQ (http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/), they already stated that they don't consider a mandatory account creation on UberNet as a DRM.

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft and EA will be happy to communicate that UPlay/Origin are not DRM, but I still fail to see the difference.

And the worst thing is that if they do that (selling DLC), I'm also pretty sure most of the people here will find that really great.
  17. squishypon3

This is because the game is incomplete. With this game you will even be able to share one disk, hand it to all your buddies for them to play, and play a LAN game together, all using the same, single, disk.

Back to the old days, eh?
  18. Geers

Geers Post Master General

How is selling unreached kickstarter goals as paid DlC post-1.0 unfair?
  19. thepilot

Well, so far, nothing indicate this. There is not a single line saying "The final game won't require a internet connection to work".
    Also, they are twisting the DRM nothing to fit their view.
  20. thepilot

See, people are already okay with that. That is so sad.

It's not about selling unreached goals, it's about selling DLC for a full priced game.
    carlorizzante likes this.