Two Flame Tanks

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by shotforce13, February 25, 2014.

1. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

Swap flamethrower for Gatlin gun
    Then you have air and ground attack ability weak DPS over time.
    Using explosive rounds which I can see still used by robots in the future. An true all rounder master of none
  2. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

The problem with beam weapons is that the planets are curved and thus they would have extremely short range on small planets. That said There is no reason the orbital laser shouldn't make a huge visible death beam instead of a bullet you won't notice until your buildings start exploding for no apparent reason as you struggle to get umbrellas up. I'm also dissapointed that T2 Anti Air is a flack cannon instead of a high DPS laser capable of chewing up bombers and even blocking incoming shells/missiles with a limited success rate.
    Pendaelose likes this.
  3. ulight

ulight Member

Maybe replace the Vanguard's flamethrowers with torpedoes & t1 style AA & make it amphibious.
  4. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt matter the vangaurds are already super short range. Beams will work close range.
  5. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Meh, I don't want them to have super short range. They do need shorter range than the leveler, but not too short. I don't want it to be a copy of the inferno.

If everything goes wrong, have curvy beams. It will only look silly when in cinematic camera perspective.