TV/Streaming Shows!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, August 28, 2016.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. jakerowan92

jakerowan92 New Member

I love metalocalypse:) Thanks's so much for the link. On a similiar note does anybody know a good streaming service besides Netflix or Amazon Prime? I'm trying to find something different. I recently came across Can I Stream It and it wasn't the best, so I'm wondering if you guys know any more?

I just don't like Netflix and the illegal streams are too low quality usually.
    Last edited: September 27, 2017
  3. tatsujb

4. tatsujb

5. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Watched the first episode. Looks pretty, but poorly written.
  6. jakerowan92

jakerowan92 New Member

Does anyone actually believe competitors to Netflix can survive? I guess they are willing to try, what with Disney taking away their movies from Netflix :/ that's a hard to blow to take. This article is talking about Google Play, iTunes and Amazon Prime as legit contenders to Netflix, but I'm not sure if those mentioned have the power just yet to know Netflix off their throne: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/...tflix-alternatives-amazon-itunes-co-reviewed/
  7. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Yes. As long as they aren't going to completely fragment the market, it'll work. Netflix has quite the catalog yet it still doesn't feature everything.

On the other hand, massive fragmenting of the streaming landscape will almost certainly demolish Netflix too.
  8. tatsujb

well netflix aren't competitive anywhere other than in the U.S.

obviously in the U.S. they have a monopoly on the market but in France and Germany their catalog is so crummy every competitor wins out.

even though it's illegal it's still better to pay an american netflix account and proxy to it and almost everyone who's serious about their shows and also serious about paying for them is doing this.

strem.io is an competitor... it's just plain better since it allows you to choose the source. (although of course I don't see someone buying several different subscriptions but then again I know some people who would)
  9. tatsujb

who's watching the latest season of South Park?
  10. tatsujb