Tutorials for PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zhaii, June 26, 2014.

1. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

I've been looking around for good tutorials for PA and I've yet to find one I like...

I'm considering making some myself, even though I barely know the game.

The wiki is consistently outdated, where would be the best place to pull information?

What are some major things that need explaining?

Thanks
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

PA matches has made a couple of tutorials, Brian will probably pass by later to say the same. :p
  3. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

this works for me 4 metal 1 factory 3 energy behind factory

Factory>4 fab

2fab>radar

other 2 baf>spam build metal

Commander>spam build factory and energy in same order at above ^

Factory-loop build 1 AA 1 Vanguard 4 Tank eatch
  4. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

Indeed I have seen them, they are decent compared to the others I have seen.
  5. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

Here's an example of the quality I can acheive.

6. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

However, I may want to use this voice modifer.

7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

so much wasting with that start: 3 mex, energy, factory. energy mex factory spam energy is a pretty safe bet.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  8. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

after the commander is done it builds the next factory and energy and i ues the 2 fabs when finsehed with the radar to set up defenses or help the other 2
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I don't think starting builds will ever stay the same.

I am not the best, but I do many things.

Mex energy Mex Factory Mex Energy Mex Energy Mex Factory Mex EnergyEnergyEnergySpam

Mex energy Mex Factory Mex EnergySpam

Mex Energy Mex Factory Mex Energy Factoryspam

Then again, whatever I do I usually just have fabbers out the factory comphensate. Depends on if start is plentiful or sucks. If plentiful, Commander can do most the building and factories can produce optimal attack forces. If spawn sucks, grab a few points with faster units while commander just bulk builds in place.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I still used my ancient alpha build order until recently... Now it's: Metal, Metal, Energy, Metal, a factory of my choice (With five fabs, then auto build, first: metal, then second energy, metal, energy, last is on factories), three energy, an air factory, and then energy spam unless needed elsewhere.
  11. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

JUST BUILD A LOT OF STUFF AND SCOUT THATS ALL YOU NEED TO DO
    zhaii likes this.
  12. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

right now all you need to do is 3 mex, 1 energy, 1 air fac and then harass the other guy lots while building a ton of pgens and other factories. go t2 vehicles at some point. win
  13. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i did one battle in the past where i spawned on a little planet with 3 hostile commanders the one near me tryed this i did what i said up there took him out got the Army that was craeted when i was taking him out combined the army took out the 2nt did the same took out the third planet was mine...then the hard AI came and kill me T.T
  14. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

Hahaha Yes. This man for president
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

also, something I demonstrate in videos, is while factory is still in progress build, you go ahead and click your desired infinite build, then set the infinite button, then hold ctrl and click fabbers.

infinite will still build, and anything set with ctrl will build first and clear.

so in current gw with 3 t1 tank buffs, I build factory, set 1 tank 1 inferno 1 stinger, infinite build, then ctrl 4 fabbers, 2 per proxy.

those proxy build similar order, 2 mex 1 pgen then factory, then they fill the rest of the mex and pgen for the commanders bulk factories, or they build a second proxy factory.