Turret has no N in it.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ladnil, August 16, 2010.

1. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

[​IMG]
    Because Poor Literacy Is KEWL!!!!!
  2. ShadowSonicZ

ShadowSonicZ New Member

I'll admit, I used to say turret a long *** time ago when I tried out Halo at a party. I kept pissing off this one kid, it was hilarious!
  3. Wutang85

Wutang85 New Member

Not really. People use the words/phrase " a lot " quite often. How often do you have to spell turret ? People make more common mistakes with the words they most often use. It gets to the point where people don't care so they just combine stuff for ease of typing/speaking.
  4. HagenMichiel

HagenMichiel New Member

If you are able to detect extra 'n's, you should be able to detect a ":p" or a ";)" which are a big hint in detecting sarcasm.
  5. Mutated Muskrat

Mutated Muskrat New Member

The point being made wasn't the amount of usage of the words "a lot" and "you're" but the wrongful use. I don't get bent out of shape with "alot"...but the use of "your" in place of "you're" drives me nuts..."your" indicates ownership "this is YOUR car" whereas "you're" is a combination of "you" and "are" as in "you're ignorant if you continue to use words the wrong way after being corrected."

Now....at least the words discussed above are actually words. Turrent is another story.
  6. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

lol! I didnt even realise this was an issue till I read this thread! I wonder where people have got it into their heads than an 'n' belongs in the word turret!

Do they do it with other words too? Like Ferrent instead of ferret? Mullent instead of Mullet?
  7. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Even if you haven't spelled turret a lot, how hard is it to figure out there's no 'n' in it?

I think the mistakes with words like 'alot' and 'your' are due to the issue of phonetics. People hear 'you're' and your the same. Similarly, 'they're,' 'there' and 'their.' 'Alot' is comprised of two words that get blurred together a lot, so it's an easier mistake.

But 'turrent?'
  8. munrock

munrock New Member

You people are confusing Turret and Turrent.

The moneyball is a type of turrent, ergo MNC is a turrent defense game.
  9. c4lvitron

c4lvitron New Member

My old roommate always said turrent when we played halo. It drove me crazy, but I never had the courage to correct him lol
  10. munrock

munrock New Member

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no turrent like greed. -Buddha

Talent develops in quiet, Character in the turrent of the world. -Goethe

They assembled from all sides, one after another, with arms and turrents and all the panoply of war. -Anna Comnenus

The onset of troops is like the rush of a turrent which will even roll stones along in its course. -Sun Tzu
  11. Karkelo

Karkelo New Member

People that spell rogue "rouge" are one of the few things that makes me seriously rage.

And I don't mean typos. I mean when you see the same guy spelling it that way over and over.

Every. Freaking. Time.
  12. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

Some people are just home schooled or something.
  13. munrock

munrock New Member

Or maybe it's guviment schools'es.