trying to get my tank skin in PA!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by nuketf, May 1, 2014.

?

if i get this ingame should i make a Skyn unit mod?

1. yes do WWII

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. yes do Supreme Commander (i may not beale to do them to 100%...)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. yes do Supreme Commander 2 (there models are easy to do)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. no PA needs to unit skyn mods!

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. shour

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

and failed again..i even did the skinning

[​IMG]

help?
    phantomtom likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We can't add our own units to PA without server access. Unless you're talking about just the skin?

The title makes me think the unit, the poll makes me think skin.

That being said, I love the idea of skin mods. Would be a lot of fun. However, there isn't much of a point of an entire skin mod until we have the full unit roster. Units are being changed around, repurposed, and whatnot a lot. There's several more units that are gonna be repurposed in the coming weeks.

At any rate. Looking forward to what you come up with!
  3. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

skin and i can not continu untill this is fixed and the tank skin is ingame :/
  4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Attach the .blend file, I'll have a look.
  5. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

when i get help and it shows ingame here is what will be what....

WWII MOD

Light Laser tank-US tank (the tank in the photo)
    AA Tank - US Missile Truck
    Scout-US Armored Car
    SHort-range Heavly armoed unti i can never remamber the name of-US Flame Tank

Land Factory-WWII Tank Factory Wairhouse

Builder-truck

Air

Fighter-USN F4F Fighter

Bomber- USN Dive Bomber

Scout-Recon Scout

Builder-no clue

Air Factory-Airbase

Naval

Naval Factory-WWII Shipyard

AA/Torpedo Boat-Patrol Boat

Destroyer-WWII USN Tin Can destroyer

Scout-patrolboat (no weapons)

Builder-no idea

T2

Land

Land factory-same as T1 but bigger

Advance laser tank-MAUS Tank

Artilery tank-WWII US Artilery Tank

Advance flammer-US Flammer tank (bigger)

Air

Air Factory-Airbase+Air strip

Advance Bomber-B-29

Advance Fighter-F6F hellcat

Naval

Naval Factory-Shipyard (bigger)

BattleShip-USN Iowa class with 4 turrrets

Missile Ship-USN WWII Missile launcher ship

-> http://www.mediafire.com/download/04js50usut9a32r/lightlasertank.blend <-- Tank Here yes i know the turret is not turning right in pose mode but i want to see it in PA then fix it :/
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

so.. raevn did you get the tank skin working in PA yat?
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Hm.. I might work on a mod aswell, just use PA's rigs :D Also, the reason it might not work is because you don't have the right bones (or so I've heard) then again... I've made ridiculous mods where the model was the peter for a tank, etc... so- not sure what your problem is..
  8. squishypon3

Also, is there any chance you can explain to me how to make rigs in Blender? I need to rig my Megabot but I don't know how to do it in Blender; I do in 3Ds max.
  9. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

um...not shour what that is all i did was get the light tank got the bones made this tank and merged the 2 with skinning aaaand error

there can only be one! but relly id be happy for unit skin mods!
  10. squishypon3

Rigs are the name of a group of bones, the "skeleton" I guess you could say. :p
  11. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ah with this it explains every thing
  12. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

ok so i know doing something wrong caues i tryed with a new model i created of a blocky B-17

[​IMG]

error again :/
  13. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Looks awesome!
  14. squishypon3

I attempted to follow this before but I can't understand how to do it for blocky things. That works for deforming all around it; I can't figure out how to attach it to certain blocks/parts of models as apposed to the whole thing. Not to mention Uber's models are all grouped together and the only way to view them individually is to try and change the faces using edit mode. Oh and for you, did you make sure to export the models into .papas?

Edit: To help you out, the fabricators could be some sort of construction themed car for vehicles. Basically, anything as long as it has some yellow and black stripes! (Though I don't think you can add textures yet to .papas but I could be wrong...)
  15. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

hmm...well you have to make a new model and ues the bones from the unit you want to replace like i took the Light Laser tank and deleated the mesh created the WWII tank and combind the bones

and i allreday have an idea for the WWII Land builder [​IMG] https://www.flickr.com/photos/92184612@N03/13907540305?rb=1

the guns will be replaced with the builder node thingy T1 will have 1 and T2 will have the 2
  16. squishypon3

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-megabot-help-wanted.58881/#post-916153

You don't really expect me to create it all from scratch... right? After all the work Uber put into the model? D: How exactly did you get the bones to match up with individual objects? Or multiple objects you explicitly told it to affect? Also- is there no way to separate all the objects? (Example, go to the dox and open it up in blender, all parts are connected, how would you disconnect them? And if you cant, how does the rig work for it since they're a connected?)
  17. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

what? if you want to edit the model...your in for a world of pain they have SOOO meny model lines....it would be batter to start from scrash uesing the bones..and you can unconnect the bones from the model click the model and hit "Delete" and you have the bones then ues the tool at the bottom that looks like this -=[​IMG]=- to move the bones around the hit Ctrl P with your model and the bones colested by hitting and holding Shift click on both after you hit Ctrl P pick Automatic weights and your done with the same error im haveing will pop up when you try to replace the unit model with the new one!

EDIT there

your trying to get the EXP bot to work in PA? well.....follow what i said but instade of removeing the model put the Commander in delet him line up the bones then same
  18. squishypon3

No, you see- this is a model that Uber made way back in Alpha. It doesn't have any bones to it and I want to add bones. I don't want to edit the model I want to add bones to it. Is it possible to do so?
  19. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

yes just add the Commander bones into it and rearrange them
  20. squishypon3

But then how would I connect them? The model is a solid model, all parts are connected. How would I connect the rig perfectly?