Trouble dealing with snipers on Grenade III

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Decker87, February 27, 2011.

1. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with snipers on Grenade III. Let me start by saying that I myself am very bad at playing sniper so counter-sniping isn't really an option. Every now and then I join a pub game and a sniper takes that platform right outside his base that faces the rest of the map.

From there, assuming our team doesn't have an awesome sniper, he dominates bots and players alike. He can hit most places on the map from there. It's literally impossible to traverse a bot lane without entering his LOS. Many times I'll get headshotted even while running in weird patterns and jumping occasionally.

How the heck do I win this fight?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

You don't

Snipers are way overpowered on Grenade III. The combination of high ground, glass cover, narrow walkways, and sight of both lanes.. just ridiculous
  3. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Watch how he snipes. Some snipers spend a large amount of time scoped in, while the better snipers only scope in for a half-second to take a shot.

If they scope in all the time, consider firing back with Mortars, Grenades, Shurikens, or even Buzzers.

Also, no one will blame you if you rage quit because of a god-like sniper.
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Want a fun idea to do?

Get a gunner, upgrade his passive with every dollar you get. Stand in front of your middle spawn door. Jump up just a little bit. Fire over your moneyball glass, trying to hit his perch. Do this as long as it takes for him to find a new spot.

Same works with assault grenades, perch to perch. Also, assaults can fire grenades from under the bridge on the left or right (closest bridges to your bot spawn), at the perch, and they detonate right on top of the sniper from that range. If his reaction time is that good to win a vs-assault, then try the mortar idea, because..

"You cannot dodge what you cannot see!" -Gen
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Play assault or assassin, jump that perch and annoy him - no need to kill him just keep him busy.
  6. racquemis

racquemis New Member

yup that works great, as an assault just bomb jump onto the platform once in a while an harrass them, it works :).
    on one occasio i actually managed to keep the sniper busy for over 5 minutes while he desperately tried to get me of his platform :mrgreen:
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

only the bad snipers use that platform

good ones use the bridges, which are harder to deal with and give them an even better view of everything
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Agreed, however...

Those same bridges are in the same grenade-gun range of the assault across the map. Also makes you better assassin bait, as one can land right on top of you.
  9. Davy o

Davy o New Member

you need to be aware of the sniper from the second you step out of spawn on this map

peek corners as fast as you can while grenade launching him in the face (assault)

by peek corners i mean only showing yourself for literally a milisecond, just enough time to pop a grenade at him, and duck back, adjust your aim as needed, and keep making him eat grenades, gunner mortars work just as good too and u can launch them from right out of your spawn door if u do it right lo0l

the mortars actually could work a lot better than grenades, if ur aim is right on the first shot just hold the trigger down and u will have him eating 3 mortar shots before he even knows the first one hit him
  10. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

How to deal with snipers.
    1. Choose Assault
    2. Bunnyhop/toggle fly as if your life depends on it (cause it does)
    3. Throw bombs and shoot at sniper with rifle.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Only the most godly of snipers will be able to consistently be able to headshot an Assault that is hopping/flying randomly. Using the rifle will distract him, and the only defensive tactic the sniper can use at that point would be the flak, unless you decide to get close in the first place and run into his traps.
  11. Rammite

Rammite New Member

THIS should do the trick.
    It's EvilDaedalus's Large Steps, for those of you who are wondering.