Treeconomy

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by elodea, February 9, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

probably just to use our "WTF" screams as a metric for "is this a good idea?". :D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: February 10, 2015
    xankar, cdrkf and philoscience like this.
  2. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Its PTE so let Tvinita play with the numbers a bit, personally i think that combat fabs just need a simple metal cost increase so its more of a risky play to build some and hurts you quite a bit if 1 get sniped early on.

Old Combat fab cost of 720 metal was far too risky so very few people used them, the current cost of 250 metal is too cheap as its not much more than a basic t1 fabber so why not just move this up to somewhere around 400/500.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think 250 is totally fine. If you want to change the price make it cheaper. 500 metal for that thing? What exactly does it do that justifies that?

I feel quite a lot of combat fabber related stuff that can be read on the forums is created from trying to fix underlying -sometimes much larger- issues by throwing around a single unit.
  4. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

yes this is exactly the issue. in general I think some of the underlying deeper issues that need to be fixed, instead of the combat fabber are:
    • the status and function of reclaim
    • the energy-limited economy
    • the status and strength/function of walls
    Tripod27, rivii and cola_colin like this.
  5. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Spot on. With the energy-limited economy by far above everything else as this is a core mechanic and the rest is not. It will be a daunting and Huge undertaking to fix this. But it must be done. simply giving t1 pgens more power only leads to bigger problems if the rest of all units and buildings are not adjusted propperly.
    philoscience likes this.