Tournament Please

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by joker, May 27, 2011.

1. pound symbol

pound symbol New Member

if uber ever had a tournament, i would try to put together a team and play in it.
    ;)
  2. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Eh.
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So all along it wasn't new content and balance changes everyone wanted, it was TOURNAMENTS!

"Give me a prize, a reason to play this game." That's what I hear. :|
  4. Reanimated Ace

Reanimated Ace New Member

I think that's becoming the answer to maintaining interest Deadstretch. I think it's probably a 25/75% split in players though. I believe maybe 25% (or less) of the players are the die hards who not only use this forum, but want to play competitively are more interested in just seeing something structured so that games can be more balanced, and more competitive. I am not sure about the desire for prizes, it would be awesome, but just having a tournament or structure with announced winners would pretty much haul in the mother load of serious players in my opinion.

Of course I think the reason new content, updates and balancing are things that have screamed louder are because there are more people that don't mind the current competition level in crossfire public matches, and they just want new maps, and fixes to things they feel could be altered. I think this part is kind of expected in the entire game industry today, but the competition and tournaments are more to the niche gamer that we are seeing become a rarity on MNC.

The majority of the casual gamers probably just want new content, because that's what all games do. The serious gamers are asking for the structure and tournaments because that's what has separated this game from other games for us. I've never played a game before that I felt had the competitive potential and multiplayer experience that I've had on MNC. I played DotA on Warcraft 3, and in the same vain, there is so much potential that has not been tapped into. When that mod came out on WC3, it created it's own player base within that game. People that would never play that game were buying it because it was so competitive and the room to improve was so vast.

On consoles, I think this is the first game to really offer that potential, and we just want to see it develop so that we can enjoy it.

All of the above is my opinion, and I am just guessing that some of these things are how others feel.
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Maybe I'm more bitter lately.
    Normally I'm much more pleasant.

But it's spelt Plumbum and since when in a debate is opinion not presented as fact?
  6. teapot

teapot Post Master General

So this means you can see we're grasping at straws here? It was new content.. we didn't get any. How about tournaments? Probably not going to happen. TF2 hats... maybe?

dude we just want something before we get completely bored or move on.
  7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I don't give a damn about prizes, I just want to play against people who aren't idiots with people who aren't idiots on my team. Is that too much to ask?