Topic Index - Last Update May 2013

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, January 15, 2013.

1. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Re: Topic Index

Hey, you forgot a Commander oriented thread. I'm rather fond of this one.

ACU snipes
    Summary
    Talks about survival issues, solutions, and gameplay focused around the Commander.
    zorro125 likes this.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I never said it was a complete list, technically it will constantly be growing so long as discussion keeps going! xD

Mike
  3. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

Buildings

Structure Facing
    Summary
    Discussion of whether buildings should be allowed to freely rotate

Modular factories
    Summary
    A proposition of modular factories, concerning an alternative for assisting and reducing "micro"

EDIT: Fixed links and titles
  4. elexis

elexis Member

You should add to the first post:

If someone creates a thread and your response is "You should look at this thread ****** as it already covers this topic", then please also post that here so it can be added to the index.
  5. KNight

Appreciated, but not strictly necessary, i pretty end up reading every post anyways! xD

Mike
  6. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Hmm. I would like this one to be added to the index if its suitable.

Suggestions for some of the orbital units.
    Discusses spacecraft like orbital units that would not add space combat, but still add a space craft feel to the game.
  7. thorneel

thorneel Member

Commander abilities
    Commander abilities, balanced mostly by their energy requirements, so they can scale with the economy without unlocks or modules.

Are Commanders sapient?
    Are Commanders individual, intelligent beings or simple machines following their programming?
  8. KNight

Okay, just went though 20(of 70) pages of thread and pulled a whole bunch for the first page, check them out, over the next while I'll finish going through the other 50 pages as well eventually, I'll keep posting when I make big updates like that.

Mike
  9. Nelec

Nelec Member

Great job, it's pretty tedious to get this sorta stuff all organised so this is helpful :)
  10. veta

veta Active Member

11. KNight

Alright, just trawled through another 16 pages of threads, still not so many to add, but we're slowly getting past the Kickstarter stage of the Forum, so hopefully well start getting to some of the meatier threads soon!

Mike
  12. KNight

Alright, now we're really getting into the Meat of the threads 10 more pages scoured and a bunch of new threads added! 30 more pages to go!

Once I get caught up on this I'll be focusing more on gettign the Confirmed Features list updated.

Mike
  13. robintendo

robintendo New Member

Is there an official topic or thread to discuss the Mini-maps, strategic zoom, strategic icons, and other UI options for summarizing the strategic information from across the solar system?

Neutrino mentioned that via the server the player can get data on everything that has happened so far in the game. It raises some really cool possibilities for summarizing the war effort so far (i.e. total production and enemy unit destruction per base)
  14. KNight

There have been a couple, I might not have gotten to them yet, I still have about 30 pages of threads to wade through.

Mike
  15. SmoothApproach

SmoothApproach Member

Maybe you could add this discussion started a few days ago and link to feature list discussion, chears! ;)

Radar, Jamming, Stealth, Cloak in PA
    Summary
    This thread talks about radar, radar jamming, stealth and cloak mechanics for PA, and features a pole in which players can decide how they feel about these subjects.
  16. KNight

Alright, it took a wee bit longer than I was expecting, but I have now trawled through all 84 pages of threads and pulled out a whole bunch of threads.

If you feel a thread has been left out post a reply with a link and I'll take a look, keep in mind that I've mostly focused on threads with a good deal of active discussion that look at issues and ideas from many angles.

I'll keep updating this as new threads develop, but now my main focus is on getting the Confirmed Features List up to date.

Mike
  17. Consili

Consili Member

You are a champion.
  18. therishka

therishka New Member

Such are nice job! There are much less questions about the game thx to this post!
  19. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

I know, this is maybe not exacly discusion about something, but i think this changed how people see the game, and shows some problems that need to be solved, like strat zoom, straticons, how know whats is going on on other site of planet etc.

Mini Fanmade Planetary Annihilation
    Summary
    Simple, playable, fan made example how PA can feel
  20. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Yet another topic on radar:

Different approach on Radar, Vision, Stealth and Cloak
    Summary
    This thread offers a different approach for an unified radar / vision system which is based on degrading sensor resolution rather than hard limits and offers new counter intelligence possibilities.

There are many older threads on radar too, but i think smoothapproach's thread covers at least the radar shadow topic quite well. However, the whole counter intelligence topic is still lacking as he focused only on a short summary of the methods implemented in previous games instead of providing new ideas. So far we have heard NOTHING on this topic from Uber either, so we can assume that they are just as clueless regarding this topic as we are.