Top Five Players You Have Seen Play.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Himicane, October 16, 2010.

1. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Sianoux, congrats on killing someone better than you. However making an account for the sole purpose of trolling someone who can't defend himself is immature and childish. Even Hudson and other good players who hate DeDi say he's a great player killer, stop hatin.

What's all this MLG talk? Competition is good, but nutting up and playing competitive doesn't have to be MLG.
  2. The Dude 421

The Dude 421 New Member

Looks like this thread took a randy nosedive. :lol:
  3. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Did you realize that after we beat Greggyyy in a private match and said "good game" and were friendly (Me, PU5H, Ace, Miracle), he proceeded to send me messages like "Oh, good thing I had randoms, nice host, etc."? It goes both ways. Same with Peachy after I beat him in a pub. He accused me of glitching.
  4. kckzi

kckzi New Member

Love this thread, every time I come back it's COMPLETELY different. Let this thread live on forever.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

6. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Shammas, the very first time I ever got into a game with you, you were exploiting the glitch that allows you to fire the railgun through a wall.
  7. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Allright, this is getting silly. EVERY GAME is a competition. Some games are more luck than strategy/skill, but any game with a winner/loser has a competitive aspect to it.

What matters is PERSONALITIES. There are generally two types of people. One, where winning is everything and the game is just a means to that end, and Two, the people for whom the game itself is more important than actually winning it.

Category one will keep playing a game they're good at even when it isn't all that much fun for them anymore since they can win. These people are known to exploit anything in the current version of the game to do so, and some will even mod to get wins, although in strict tournament competition they will follow all rules necessary to keep from unnecessary loss. These are the people we generally look down upon. These are the people who will scream into their mic at you for playing how your playing, no matter how that is. If you win, you cheated or played cheap. These are the people we generally hate running into ANYWHERE on Xbox Live. These people are commonly referred to as "Competitive" or "MLG kids" whether or not they actually know anything about MLG or like it.

Category two will generally stop playing a game once it stops being fun for them. They look down upon glitching/modding and won't see a rank as something other than what it is. They enjoy winning too, but its not the end of the world if they don't win. They will teabag friends in jest, not in malice. They won't teabag or trashtalk strangers/randoms until they've been teabagged/trashtalked by the opposing party. These people won't get along with competitive types as well as they will be seen as not trying very hard, or goofing off which could cause a loss. These people would call themselves "Casual" but are often called "Garbage/N00b/Bad Kid" by the Competitive people.

The PROBLEM between these two groups, as I see it, is the attitude that a good deal of competitive people display towards EVERYONE. They think they're better than everyone else out there, and when they ARE better than everyone in the room they make a point of rubbing everyone's nose in it. If they aren't better, then the people who bested them are cheating, using cheap tactics, or otherwise aren't legitimately better. To them, how good they are is their entire identity. This is why most of this board dislikes/avoids Deadeye. He may be damn good, but he's a jerk to everyone so nobody ever wants to be around him. His Avatar is a perfect example of why. He doesn't think he's arrogant because he's "better than you", but he obviously doesn't know what arrogant means: proudly contemptuous: feeling or showing self-importance and contempt or disregard for others Sounds like him to me.

Are there jerks in the casual side? Obviously. I think it might be the fact that a competitive player was a jerk to them first.
  8. represent601

represent601 New Member

wow I started reading at the beginning of this thread at 12:24 it is now 1:13 am, this forum really takes up a lot of my time! :lol:

soooo I dont have a clue of what to say other than what the topic is about
    1. Im hudson, I think I've played with you, if I'm remembering correctly you were good and a fun challenge to me!
    2.officer futtbuck I remember playing with you was fun, congrats you are numero doce
    3. flaming pic, he is some random guy I met now we play and he is just in it for fun
    4. ummmm I forget their name but they are really active on this forum
    5. you, thats right, you congrats!! here is a congratulatory green man :mrgreen:

and I am tired of playing with random people. if people who want to play for fun want to hook up some time here is my gamer tag- xrepresent601x
    feel free to add me as a friend I have LOTS of open slots.
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Now that they're patching out every glitch I've been accused of, what excuse will you all use? You are the most hypocritical group of gamers on the internet, have a nice day. WIN OR LOSE WITH DIGNITY, **** MLG!!! OMG SHAMMAS BEAT ME, I'LL SEND HIM RAGE MESSAGES AND SAY HE HACKS!!!111

I LOVE being the best. Love it.
  10. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

DeadEye told me he is better than you. Said he used to carry you and you almost left your team but he didn't play seriously enough to care.
  11. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

This video gave me the first real smile of the day, thank you!
  12. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I 100% agree with this. I have nothing wrong with competitive gaming...but the majority of self-described competitive gamers are utter trash as human beings. They are self-centered, narcissistic, childish people with zero humility and no manners. I shudder to think what the real world will do to them when they take their attitude and personality out to the workforce or adult social situations. And yes, maybe I'm banging the "you kids, get off of my lawn" drum, but the best gamers I've played with are usually also the fun, hilarious, nice people who make gaming a joy rather than an angry, explicative-laced, trash-talking stress-fest.
  13. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

We'll use the excuse that you're not fun to play with because how big of a jerk you can be on the forums. And the general, condescending attitude you display towards us when, as far as I could tell, in the beginning most people had good things to say about how good you were at the game.

I don't recall ever having run into either you or Deadeye, but I'm glad for that. Doesn't seem like it'd be a fun experience. What's odd is I thought you wouldn't turn out quite like this.
  14. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

anonymity makes social outcasts the toughest guys on earth behind a headset and keyboard

its really cute when they put stuff like "#1 sniper" or "#1 in rail gun kills" in their profiles like they achieved something with their lives because they sit behind a tv longer than other people.
  15. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

16. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I love all you guys.

<3

You are all in my top 5.

Yes, even you, devs.
  17. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

The compliment thread was making me feel too nice, so I came to this thread to tell you that you suck.
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

don't worry i got to read the nice things you said about shammas before you edited it

dont hold back hudson <3
  19. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Whatever Jack, your just some Randy Tryhard MLG hacker kid. Same with Peachy.
  20. Ian

Ian New Member

Stop fighting :?

[​IMG]