Too Bad (Brink)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Light My Pyre, May 7, 2011.

1. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I can't shoot anything!!!! I'm really bad at it. REALLY BAD!!!

Edit: And those F***ers keep meleeing me!!! Bad Game.
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

This just in: Brink is horrible.
  3. Ollie Cromwell

Ollie Cromwell New Member

I logged in here to look for opinions on Brink. The mixed reviews have me pretty firmly on the fence about things.
  4. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I wanna rent it. I wouldn't pay $50 though. Since we're discussing it in the official MNC forums, I thought it'd be very close in terms of gameplay/design/whatever. But MNC is $15 and Brink, which has multiple threads strewn across maybe three sub-forums about it being better, is $50.
  5. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

After looking at IGN's review, I am not getting it. Here's why:

There are 12 maps if I remember correctly. The maps in single player are the same in multiplayer, they well get old fast

The AI was terrible from what I have heard.

After talking to Thombow, the game is/was "extremely hard and frustrating"

It seems like another FPS with different movement options and customization of characters.

From what I understand, there is only one game mode.

It seems repetitive.

It seems a little overpriced for what it offers. If it was an XBLA for 1200 points, it might be worth getting.
  6. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

This is my main concern.

I heard the objectives vary by map though, but don't change. So map 1 will always be based around objectives X, Y, and Z. Map 2 may have objectives A, B, and Z.

Like how Gold Rush on TF2 means you're playing payload.
  7. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

The videos I've seen look like utter scrap. Even if whoever it was was whinging that you should form your own opinions and ignore reviews, well some of us don't have 40 to throw about whenever a new game comes out.

6.9 user score says something.
  8. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

FYI that so called reviewer fro IGN spent 50 minutes playing BRINK, other rewiever saw him(FYI he gave 8/10 to BRINK) and also he reviewed the game before it was released so it means that he did not downloaded repairing patch which fixes most stuff he is crying about and they are woring on bot AI as well now. So if you believe to IGN crap then enjoy, because I am enjoying my BRINK
  9. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

Brinks amazing imo, Its way more difficult than MNC and has a higher gun skill by a mile in MNC. I've been hearing a lot of people complain about the "I cant kill anyone" topic...thats because your way to use to an easy mode game. The game is really good and just came out. Their will be plenty of patches and fixes to come. The only thing I found wrong with the game so far is the servers. Melee is alittle fast and should have more of a cooldown before the next melee, only thing wrong with the melee. The crouch smart button dive to knock people over is fair and isn't a big deal. I'm using the sniper as a soldier and its cheap from what i've seen so far because you can camp way in back picking the other team coming down as your team is fighting them on the frontline. A little to easy for gun skill on sniper is what im saying. All in all, the game is pretty good and recommend it. :D
  10. MonikerMimesis

MonikerMimesis New Member

It's pretty good. The mechanics are solid, and more than any other game you feel like part of a team w/o the use of microphones. But people have yet to figure out the maps and it tends to devolve into a mess at the moment.

What MNC has over it is that you always know where you stand. Maybe in time, I'll get that same feeling from Brink. I almost hope that the hordes of unworthies get culled so that only the hardcore remain sorta like what's going on with MNC right now. YMMV.

IMO, not worth the regret if you already bought it, but probably worth waiting on if you haven't yet. It'll probably turn into a better game down the road, due to changes in the playerbase and patches. Or wishful thinking.

What's more important, though, is that it has practically nothing to do with MNC, so I'm still going to play plenty of that.
  11. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Just skip solo mode entirely, the AI is horrid. Once I put it on "everyone" online, my fun tripled.

As far as guns go, I found SMG, the kross I believe with a drum mag and a grip, I played like 10 matches yesterday and I think I got the most kills in each match. That gun is a laser beam of bullets and that's just hip firing.
  12. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Do you have people taste your food before you eat it as well?
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

14. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

It's getting terrible reviews across the board you can't just blame it on a bad reviewer at IGN. I'm going to get it just because every single on my friends list has it and $60 isn't the end of the world.
  15. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Too bad the game doesn't even track your kills and deaths. :p
  16. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Sure it does, just go to awards post match and it will tell you who capped the most *** (me).
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Well yeah it says who got the most kills but there is no way to see how many kills you have gotten or how many times you have died. Also there is no personal k/d stats just XP.
  18. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

That has a high USER SCORE (the important one here)
    That has a high userscore.
    Which doesn't have the best userscore.

Metacritic is very good for getting a gist of a game's quality. Of course, it doesn't compare to actually playing the game, but eh.
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah, it is, on the PC.

On the Xbox, it is SO much better.

AAAAAAAAAAnyway, Brink has nothing to do with the forum or even this section in particular, so could we close it, please?
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I don't care about reviews in general, but I care even less about user reviews.