Too Bad (Brink)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Light My Pyre, May 7, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Biker Mice From Mars?
  2. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I did forgot to list Earthboud in the highlights, but it's clear that there are some great games out that are a must play.

Nowadays, the modern new games are all about graphics, but it usally comes with low quality gameplay and it's usually dumb downed for the next generation as the developers start to treat that audience like hamsters.

It leaves a very unsatisfying taste at the end of the day where I have to eat mint to help cleanse my mouth, and I hate mint.

Amen.
  3. Vlane

Vlane New Member

All the Mother games are amazing.

For quality RPG's check out the Shin Megami Tensei series. Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga are the best.

Digital Devil Saga for the hardest boss in any RPG ever.
  4. truckus

truckus New Member

Very true, hence why I've stuck mainly with 1990's and early 2000's games. Didn't own an Xbox 360 until last year and the only games I play(ed) on that are MNC, L4D1 Versus when it was still somewhat active, and RE5(another amazing series). I don't have any other next gen systems. Makes me sad that this is happening to MNC, but I understand. I'm just not committed enough to modern gaming/competetive gaming to always be on top of the latest things. I replay almost all of my SNES/PS1 RPG's ever 2-3 years. :lol:

I won't be playing Brink, but it's only because of lack of time/money. No other reasons. I'll be playing MNC as usual for 3 reasons:

1. I already have it
    2. I know what I'm doing
    3. I haven't played quite long enough to be bored of it yet and still want my money's worth
  5. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

i got your point. its the point i have been trying to make for weeks, but have since given up on because nobody else gets it.
  6. fearless_feedle

fearless_feedle New Member

ill probably get brink but nothing will beat mnc
  7. truckus

truckus New Member

It'll be similar to L4D1 in that the cult following will remain fairly active. New DLC will revive the game for a little while and possibly bring in a new crowd, but anything beyond that is unpredictable because no one knows what the new DLC will entail.
  8. destructamental

destructamental New Member

Play Red Dead Redemption.
  9. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

It's been out for less then a day and already got patched. Shh!
  10. lolcat

lolcat New Member

So, it's been patched already? :D
  11. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

It's getting bad reviews. 6-7/10 what I've seen. Let down
  12. DeadStretch

They only reason why it's getting bad reviews, imo, because the game was over-hyped.

I knew what I was in for since I've played previous SD games and I am loving it!
  13. nephandys

nephandys Member

^^ This. Can't wait to get back home after work and fire it back up with all my friends.
  14. NovaKnight21

NovaKnight21 New Member

I am LOVING how this topic started out as someone saying "I'm never going to buy brink" and has devolved into discussion about Brink.
  15. destructamental

destructamental New Member

16. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

So... what I infer from that, Stretch is that you have to have previous experience with Splash Damage's games to enjoy Brink... :|
  17. DeadStretch

No, not at all. I just knew what to expect out of the game since I have played their past games.

It's a new game and with every new game you'll need to play more then a day to understand it fully.
  18. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

Well can you guys at least tell me it sucks until I have money to buy it on payday this friday?
  19. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

It's terrible. Like, really bad. I stopped playing it after 15 minutes. Back to MNC...
  20. DeadStretch

Care to elaborate JON? What's bad about it?