Too Bad (Brink)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Light My Pyre, May 7, 2011.

1. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

Like I said, Splash Damage got media rights and rights to the main label because it was their idea of the game. If you have played any of Splash Damages older games, they have the same objective set up as their other games. Splash Damage just made a deal with Bethesda to use their money and their team for help.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Pretty much. Splash Damage does the support, not Bethesda. It would be quite something if Bethesda would do anything but be the publisher.
  3. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

How would it be something? Of course Bethesda would help with the updates and bug fixes. They want the game to be just as successful as Splash Damage wants it to be because if they don't make this game successful, Bethesda loses/gets less money as well, not just Splash Damage.
  4. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

[​IMG]
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Bethesda has nothing to do with the DEVELOPMENT of Brink. In fact Splash Damage has been developing this game for many, many years before Bethesda was even considered as the Publisher.

Also, to say that Splash Damage doesn't have the funds is stupid. They have, arguably, one of the most popular Action/Objective FPS' of our time. Know your gaming history and facts before you try to act like a know it all.
  6. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You're just mad because he's a 14 year old, handsome gentlemen, who has the money for comic books. Suck on that good sir.
  7. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

Deadstretch,

1. one of the most popular? no...not even close. Just one example is Day of Defeat.
    2. I do know my gaming history so please don't tell me what I do and don't know you green faggot
    3. Saying that they have nothing to do with the game development is very foolish on your part... let me key you in foolish man.
    A video game publisher is a company that publishes video games that they have either developed internally or have had developed by a video game developer. As with book publishers or publishers of DVD movies, video game publishers are responsible for their product's manufacturing and marketing, including market research and all aspects of advertising. They usually finance the development, sometimes by paying a video game developer (the publisher calls this external development) and sometimes by paying an internal staff of developers called a studio. The large video game publishers also distribute the games they publish, while some smaller publishers instead hire distribution companies (or larger video game publishers) to distribute the games they publish. Other functions usually performed by the publisher include deciding on and paying for any license that the game may utilize; paying for localization; layout, printing, and possibly the writing of the user manual; and the creation of graphic design elements such as the box design. Large publishers may also attempt to boost efficiency across all internal and external development teams by providing services such as sound design and code packages for commonly needed functionality. Because the publisher usually finances development, it usually tries to manage development risk with a staff of producers or project managers to monitor the progress of the developer, critique ongoing development, and assist as necessary. Most video games created by an external video game developer are paid for with periodic advances on royalties. These advances are paid when the developer reaches certain stages of development, called milestones.
    As you can see Deadstretch, publishers do pay for most of the game development and the staff to work on majority of the game development.
    Thanks for looking stupid, DeadStretch

4. Splash Damage had a very mixed review on their only major game in my eyes, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars soooooooooo I dont know what your are talking about and very confused when you say they have a huge fund :shock:
    P.S. YOU MADE BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
  8. iX Torment

iX Torment New Member

Didn't read a thing you said. You talk about not caring about this worthless forum, yet you expend this much energy on it?
  9. DeadStretch

Yeah, you just described general publishing, you did not explain the connection between Splash Damage and Bethesda Softworks.

Also Return to Castle Wolfenstein was Splash Damage's first major release but nice try. Sure they only worked on some multiplayer maps but it was technically "a major release."

I will leave it at this Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was the game I was talking about.
  10. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

well I got the Brink game downloaded but can't play it until tomorrow, so I have nothing to do until tomorrow. That's why I tell you guys whats up on gaming knowledge and all about Brink. I won't be on these fail forums anymore after today. So, I can't teach you guys to become smarter anymore. It sucks I know... because you guys all need some help :lol:

To Deadstretch: ... you are seriously dumb, thats what a publisher does. Bethesda is a huge publishing company that helps out games in their developments so by saying they don't help out with any of the game development is retarded because why else would Splash Damage pick Bethesda as their publisher???? Also, that game wasn't as popular as you make it out to be. It had 2 awards...game of the year and editors choice for 07, nothing more. Halo 3 was a bigger hit than W:ET with 8.1 million copies sold on release! and knocked out W:ET right out after that. The game didn't last long at all is what I'm saying.

Edit: I can't believe you're trying to convince me that Splash Damage had enough in their fund to make BRINK... Without Bethesda, the game would've took another 3 years to come out. Even with a small publishing company helping them, but since its bethesda, its a totally different story.
  11. DeadStretch

Two questions do you know what a "Development Team" is? Also do you know the difference between "Developing Games" and "Publishing Games?"

I ask these questions because you seem to not know.
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

smokes is dumb. lets leave it at that.
  13. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Wow, okay. Let me drop some seriously needed knowledge on this thread.

First off,
  14. TheDi5turb3d1

TheDi5turb3d1 New Member

If you want to play Dynasty Warriors 7 you can just play 1-6 they're about the same
  15. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Okay Stretch...
    I think it's silly to suggest that Uber doesn't have the 35k to pony up for a DLC cert, they pre-sold enough copies on steam to pay for another round. There isn't a lack of money, there is a lack of wanting to spend that money.

Also I don't think I get the BMW/Honda reference..? You buy a honda when money is more important than user experience, is that what you mean? Buy MNC 'cause it's cheap and doesn't cost much to maintain? ...maybe I do get it?
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Lol "samurai" and "mashing B".
  18. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

You guys missed my point.

Amen.
  19. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Amen.
  20. truckus

truckus New Member

You forgot Earthbound! Favorite game of all time and that will never change even though I do play tons of games.