Tomorrow's PTE Release - save/load feedback here please

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by forrestthewoods, February 25, 2015.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Back in the day, you could use a real list. The game needs offline, balance, ranked matchmaking, save/loads, and the physical rewards.

Now, besides physical rewards, you have to make up **** to fill a list anymore. Which is good, no better way to make a whiner look like an arsehole. Not that your list was malicious, it was obviously humor.
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

damn fool, the ron paul version is better
    whisperr likes this.
  3. thetrophysystem

And overused. Look up "happening" in search, under my name specifically, and notice how often I use Ron Paul. I used it for serverside modding release, for offline release, for game release, not necesarily in that order... but mainly, I felt like strawberry for a change, so shoot me... Either way...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
    trilioth likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

Few suggestions:
    1) Add ": save/load" to the end of your title. More people will click to check it out.
    2) Also, I doubt mods will work if version update won't. Just confirming. Pretty sure that's the case.
  5. theseeker2

hype train? for saves? I have been fairly vocal about this, save should have been put way back at the end of the list, behind reworked GW. There's nothing wrong with more features, I just feel that some should come before others.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I feel like people delivering on promises is a great thing, no matter how you look at it.

Save/load? Awesome.
  7. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed update. Good to see load/save finally come, that'll add to a sandboxy RTS full of silly things to do.
    infuscoletum likes this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

You could also see it more positively. With save/load implemented, galactic war becomes even more feature rich before the huge update that comes later ;) And save/load serves the entire userbase vs singleplayer people on GW ;)

Awesome disclaimer Forrest, I'd love to start crashing the game :p
  9. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Is there anything else than yelling at you reproducible instructions for bugs we can do to help you? For example things we should test a bit more systematically?
  10. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Uber will deliver!
  11. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

I see that the resume from replay feature is still planned (when it's done), that's great !

Is it for single player only or is there a hope that someday we'll see it for multiplayer too ?
  12. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

That sound you hear is me cheering like mad :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:
    It's good to see something like this for a game where rounds can take a while depending on the map size and such. I might actually play this game again.
  13. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

14. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

And only moderately uncommon within windows. I still run into tarballs fairly regularly and only use a windows environment.
  15. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Uber always delivers, it's just a matter of time and resource :) If i were rockfeller i would give them millions of $$$$ to raise PA team and provide them a job until the end of their life :cool:
    Zaphys and Remy561 like this.
  16. theseeker2

.7z file compression masterrace
    killerkiwijuice and websterx01 like this.
  17. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Personally I am very meh about highly limited saved functionality in a game where the average match time is < 30 minutes. I literally cannot see myself using the save even once, but I know many of the 'AI stomp only' crowd are keen for it. Would have loved to see all that dev focus go to the core game, but neverthelesss, good on Uber for delivering another promised feature.
    theseeker2 likes this.
  18. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

The only thing is was really going to use it for was to play from anywhere in replays to practice builds and to see if i could win a confrontation against another player if i did some stuff differently. So it's kinda useless for me, but it is still good for the single-player crowd that plays galactic war so i'm happy nonetheless.
  19. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

I love Uber's attitude of taking the time to think out features and get them right. You guys rock.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well I guess it is the first step and I guess they realize that the "load from anywhere" is a feature that was promised a lot and is wanted a lot, I mean forest says that himself.
    Remy561 likes this.