To Teach a Newb:A plea to all those on the board

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by NeoCyberman, June 20, 2011.

1. BillNyeTheScienceGuy

BillNyeTheScienceGuy New Member

What a **** camping the bot spawn. You probably made those bots ragequit like a total jerk didn't you? :x
  2. arseface

arseface Post Master General

As if the bots didn't have enough to deal with already. You should be ashamed.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

it can be REALLY annoying/frustrating when an assassin just harasses your bot spawn all game, especially on spunky

you have to go AWAY from the action to try and deal with it, and they'll probably just smoke bomb away then wait for you to leave and do it again

sure it's a legit strategy.. but it's annoying, and takes away from the goodness of the game when you need a person dedicated to staying away from the action just to scare off assassins.
  4. Fangeye

Fangeye New Member

Actually a gunner with mortar can still do some damage while protecting your bot spawn from there on Spunky. Also the node in front of it makes a great location for a Rock-It, though that requires an investment as a lvl 1 will just get shredded. A Firebase there can help too but they are better in mid to area deny and help the push, just watch out for ejectors and airstrikes.
  5. Coverop

Coverop New Member

This is probably the best post I've ever seen on this forum.
  6. kotay

kotay New Member

as i just said in another thread, do not go easy on them, they have to learn, this game is simple, there is nothing to learn other than you can get quite a bit of money from bots, also no one cares about winning or losing they just care about k:d

new people should help themselves either by coming here and asking or by coming here and try to get into a clan that is recruiting, then play with the clan and learn that way

you do not need to hold peoples hand for being bad players, bully them, own them and if they rage then they rage, if they have the determination then they will learn to be great players.

also no other game i have played has had people trying to help each other
  7. Coverop

Coverop New Member

But sometimes TIME is not a good weapon to teach them.....
  8. kotay

kotay New Member

what do you mean?
  9. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Your point was: Leave them... let them learn alone.

But HOW LONG they can learn on their own when some of them are OWNING them TOO MUCH?
    Ex. Sniper , Assault , Veterans

How long they can stand up and try to learn new trick/tactics huh?
  10. kotay

kotay New Member

depends how bad they are, how long did it take you?
  11. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Me? Very quick. I don't know maybe 5-9 matches.
  12. kotay

kotay New Member

not so hard is it
  13. THAC0

THAC0 New Member

Wife and I are trying to be as supportive as we can to the new folks. I've had a couple positive responses and some folks are starting to get it and I'm sure some of them will come here.

For anyone that is having trouble getting people to listen to you -- I find that destroying everyone on the server 30-3 helps. Ultimately, someone will ask how you did that and you just wind up being overly gracious and directing them to the forums.
  14. kotay

kotay New Member

this, also have something like <whatever clan> recruiting, make some **** clans, let all them join teach them and leave clan
  15. damondium

damondium New Member

Hi,

As a habitual Spunky Spawn Sitter (camper doesn't start with an S), I have to say that this really isn't an issue these days. I remember the good ole days when you could do that and get away with it, but these days camping the Spunky Spawn is good for a laugh for about 2 spawn cycles, but then you'll get chased out hard and just jump down into multiple firebases. Ouch!

Nowadays, I find that the only place and time it makes sense is actually just on the other side of the arch and only if you know there aren't any firebases and there isn't a lvl3 rocket near the center, and there isn't an assault nearby and there are bots everywhere you look. And that combo doesn't happen very much. But when it does! Ah, the pure joy of being a little whirling dervish of destruction and then coming out Juiced and ready to take on the world.

Unless of course somebody like Bill Nye The Science Guy or Memorable is around and on the other team and slaps your wrist and takes away your hard earned Juice and sends you to your base to think things over. So I've heard anyway. Ya know, from other people having that experience. Not me. I'm not bitter. :)

Damondium (aka Gingerbread Man)
    "Run, run, as fast as you can..."

16. hobo-with-a-shotgun

hobo-with-a-shotgun Active Member

I agree with Kotay, there's not really much point in going easy on the noobs. I remember last time I tried a Duel match on QuakeLive. My *** was utterly destroyed by someone who had memorized the exact timings of every armour and health pickup, had perfect aim with the railgun and dodged like a bunny on meth.

Was still fun though and only encourages you to try and beat them next time.
  17. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

luckily uncle tullys is probably easier to spawn camp the bots and easier to get away once someone catches you doing it