"To Never Blow a Warp Whistle."

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Vira Gunn, January 12, 2011.

1. Vira Gunn

Vira Gunn New Member

My new article has been released over at justpressstart.net, if anyone's interested in taking a peek! It follows my adventures in exposing the Mario games to someone who's never played.

http://justpressstart.net/?p=318
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What!? Is that even possible? Anyways I will read it when I get some free time later today. :D
  3. Vira Gunn

Vira Gunn New Member

I was rather blown away by the whole thing myself! I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it! <333
  4. DeadStretch

Haha that is pretty awesome. What a crazy ride it must have been for both of you. I bet there were times where N just looked at you for relief and you just had a grin on your face, thinking to yourself "yeah, I remember the first time I encountered that." :lol:

Btw
    :lol: :lol:
  5. Vira Gunn

Vira Gunn New Member

That basically sums it up! But it was easier for me than N. I grew up in a house with my uncle -- who's only a couple years older than me, so he's more like a big brother. Soooo, he taught me to game. So I'd watch him do stuff and emulate .. so when he'd pass me the controller, I was kind of prepared. I just threw her right into it, which was kind of mean ... but a great sociological experiment!

AND BIRDO! SHE WAS SO FREAKED OUT BY BIRDO! Up until that point, I think 2 was her favorite game.
  6. DeadStretch

Yeah growing up I as well had an uncle who was, I think, 4-5 years older then me but I never played just watched. I did however play the heck out of ExciteBike and Kung Fu. It wasn't until my parents got me a SNES the Christmas it released and Super Mario World came with it. I will tell you this that game made me rage so much so that I threw the controller at the TV and it broke. I was so addicted that I was still playing only using the PC board of the controller. :D

Funny enough every console we had after that whenever a controller got broken I didn't mind using it. I remember the year we got a Sega Dreamcast my dog chewed off the left joystick and while my brother was pissed I said whatever I'll use it. Picture an the analog just the stick without the top part for your thumb. Even with that I was still a monster in Quake III Arena. My brother always told me if I was to ever use or get a better controller he wouldn't play against me. You know what happen? It made him better and now today his kicks my behind in most shooter games. It was bad enough that all these years he was better then me in every other genre except shooters. These days the roles are reversed...yea he was jealous that I 1st tried a part he was stuck on in Super Meat Boy. :D