To All the Complainers.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dud10982, March 3, 2014.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Complains about removing option to choose secondary color are about stupidity of doing so, if its still there, WHY YOU CANT CHOOSE THAT. I want to choose that! 90% of players wants! According to poll. I can see difference in dark and light blue right away and thats why my favorite color from first day of alpha is orange light blue. And thats why people want to choose that, because they have their color, and want to have it always. The other thing is that I would like more secondary colors on Orange, like black...
    stonewood1612 and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I like constructive criticism in the right context. That's been pretty standard on these here forums for the last year or so - which is great and amazing and AWESOME.

Once you get the average 15 year old playing, things start to degrade really fast. They get locked into a *this is how its supposed to be* mindset, and then just flame/complain everyone else out of the room.

I'd like to keep those numbers down, personally. I honestly think that when the game is released, the backers forum should be the place for serious discussion by us veterans. The unwashed masses can go elsewhere.
    drz1 likes this.
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

does that include the people that that pre-ordered from steam in the early access beta phase??? o_O
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Yes, but as I already pointed out, the other dead giveaway of that is designated by what can be seen and what can't in relation to the FoW.

But hey, let's assume they're in your line of sight because of friendly territory and all that.
    "OH GOD WHO'S WHO?"
    *mouse over enemy*
    *cursor turns into attack icon*
    "Oh."

OR if your army is already close by, the enemy is the one they're shooting.

ORx2 if you're able to see more than where the battle is, the enemy is PROBABLY the one with units that have
    the radar icon in the FoW.

ORx3 if the enemy that is the same colour as your ally is in the middle of a base, it's probably the units attacking structures you want to protect.

ORx4 if it's YOU planning the attack, why's it matter who's who? Pick a target in the fog and blow stuff up.

ORx5 if you're playing with 39 other people you're probably already dealing with your own stuff and can't defend your allies on the other side of the/on another planet.

ORx6 (last one, I promise) if you're late enough in a 40 player game to be controlling 3-4 planets it's probably safe to say that your team has probably wiped out several weaker teams, including most if not all that have a similar colour to yours, considering you, you know, control 3 or 4 PLANETS.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Unfortunately yes.

I am one who bought the game right after alpha ended. I really don't know many 15 year olds with 60 bucks they are willing to shell out for one game. In fact, I only know three in Realm. :p

Regardless, launch will bring more noobs than ever before. Prepare to be slaughtered :D
  6. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I think as long as people enjoy the game, or even if they don't, they should have their right to participate in these forums. Ain't got no time for trolls though :p
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

They can go to every game and complain when they find stuff, yet they won't try games that aren't brand new so they won't try games when they get fixes.

those entitled twits insult only themselves. We can use criticism, but can the entire game industry use the above type of crap?

If you buy into an alpha, then complain that it has tons of problems and is a ripoff, your guna have a bad time. /skiinstructor
  8. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Much of the hate comes from the hardcore FAF community who are just like "Where is muh adjacency!? Muh tech 3?! Muh megabots?!!"
  9. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

Am I glad there aren't people who generalize like crazy on these forums. There is little hate here only tons of feedback which is just what is being asked for in ongoing development. If you can't deal with people having opinions differing from your own at least do so silently. Or may I remind you of your own little pet peeve with Uber's way of handling T1 vs. T2?
  10. Taxman66

There is a huge difference between being ridiculously irrational by just trolling on these forums about PA vs. FA and discussing an opinion on an aspect of the game. I liked FA, I had fun but now I play more PA. Btw, what you just said was very contradictory. Jus' sayin'.

(I'm not sure what you mean by my little pet peeve with Uber's handling of t1 vs t2? I like the idea of having one basic unit which gets upgraded in some way, for example, t2 tank should be stronger than t1, have the same role, but is slower etc.)

EDIT: I know you're intimidated by my Boss-ness but you don't have to disagree with me just for the sake of argument ;)
  11. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Complainer's gonna complain. The internet is plagued by people with pre-conceived ideas on products, extreme stubbornness to listen to reason or read up on stuff, and a love of the Caps-Lock key.
  12. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

I quite frankly am.But let us not make an argument out of it. I just want to say that a lot of the criticism levelled at the game is valid and/or communicated fairly. So I am willing to filter out the occasional and inevitable Captain Capslock.
    drz1 and Taxman66 like this.
  13. Taxman66

This.
  14. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

This is the #34 rule of the interwebs, that there will always be complainers that suffer the tunnel vision syndrome, and will complain, disregarding anyone that opposes their saint and inviolable arguments.

#35 rule of the interwebs: There will also always be complainers that complain about complainers.

At times it might be valid, for sure, but there are also countless of criticism that is valid and constructive, and without those, the game could easily be doomed to head into the wrong direction, that is not favored by the vast majority of the players.

The developers are just as much humans as we are, therefore, they have the possibility of making mistakes. That is where us, the playerbase, need to come in and help with our criticism. Those that are retarded will be shot down, regardless of how zealously it is protected by the person who made it, and those that are valid will be most likely supported, and can help the game to be better.
  15. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

have you seen this?
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/cool-bugs-found-while-testing.57143/#post-885001

Sure they can handle a few more colors, and sure you can figure out who your enemy is, but in spectator mode? Can you then still tell the difference in who's who without turning specific visions off?

Why all the hate for simply having icons use your two colors? I would like everyone to play a 10p 2v2v2v2v2 team army game, where all the players share the same primary color, but have different secondary color. You'll see if it's difficult or not. That depends on your personality. On how you understand colors, on your memory. Because I would like to know who, what player, is attacking me.

But dual-color icons are cooler and prettier, so why not have them. Do they prevent you from having fun? Are they bad for the game? Do they break everything that exists?

please.
    meir22344 likes this.
  16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

like this? :
    neww.jpg

and Honestly one of these days I'm going to make a free likes thread like the OP did.
    sypheara, stormingkiwi and vyolin like this.
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yeah all these damn like farmers devaluing our currency and causing inflation.
    EdWood, arthursalim, Taxman66 and 3 others like this.
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

19. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Don't listen to tatsujb, just look at that like ratio. I can't be rubbing shoulders with the unwashed unlikeables.
    drz1 likes this.
  20. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Tatsu just needs to delete a couple thousand of his older posts and he'll be right as rain.