titans on a 4K monitor

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by liamdawe, May 18, 2016.

1. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

So, I would really like to get back into PA TITANS, but the problem is the lack of resolution options.

I run Linux + a 4K monitor, so my choices are either the unplayable performance at 4K, or to use the scaling options which make the game look noticeably worse.

Anyone else here on 4K, what are you doing?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

removed unhelpful posts, please stay on topic.

Afaik there simply is no way to run 4k without some drawbacks. Dunno why. You're quit adventures to try to game on linux AND 4k all at once :)
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

oh, i should really release my 4k gui scaling mod, been sitting on it too long, let me see about doing that now.

EDIT: Sorry just re-read the OP, and not sure whether I'm setting your hopes too high with what I'm expecting to provide (which I'm working on, should be soon if the mod gods hear my prayers). Basically it is just a mod to enable a higher maximum value for the GUI Scale slider in Settings. Thus the UI is not tiny and much more readable with 4K. However as of now, I've yet to find solutions to the odd UI disappearing on certain screens when the resolution is too high (server lobby is one of the worst), and definitely I'm not likely to address any issues related to performance. I personally play at 75% resolution scaling for performance reasons, which is not ideal, but just having a sharp UI over the top of it makes it acceptable to me.
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  4. n00n

n00n Active Member

What extra options are to wanting? Is the performance not degrading relative to the windows size (you can view fps with control+p)?
  5. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Native or 75% make the game really sluggish.

Seems playable at 50% sampling, but still the UI is tiny.

The problem with the sampling option on a 4K monitor is it makes the game not look so good.
  6. n00n

n00n Active Member

If you have a look under the (newly made available in the main menu) community mods manager there is: 4K GUI Scale mod that sounds like it's what you're after.

Edit: Oh I see you're already aware of it now. You still seem to be complaining but I'm not sure why. Are you also wanting a lower scaling option (25% for 1080p)?
    Last edited: June 1, 2016