Thoughts on the 'Lazer'

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wienerdog4life, August 29, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The cool down is due to the energy cost. Basically the commander has a set energy storage for his weapon, let's just randomly say it's 1000 energy. Now then, if he fires off his Uber cannon there goes 1000 energy, now he has to wait until that 1000 energy refills his "clip" essentially. Basically energy cost and cool down are in harmony. :p
    Planktum likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That also means the recharge can be 1 energy a second and require 1000 energy, and thus cost 1000 seconds. Or it can cost 1000 energy, and charge 1000 energy, and take only a second but sink your energy eco.

My suggestion is catalysts blow up and require rebuild to fire again, or the planet can't be fired more than once ever, or lastly and least favorably for the catalysts to require a huge energy demand so each would drain 1000 energy a second per catalysts (would charge slower or not charge or fire if this makes negative energy).
    Planktum likes this.
  3. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

The beam will shoot even if the sun or another planet is in between the metal planet and it's target. At least a little bit. The planet in the way isn't damaged though. So freaking awesome! I've annihilated quite a few planet's today :)
  4. verybad

verybad Active Member

Should have a range IMO. Perhaps require a minimum of stroaged energy [insert enromous energy storage fields] that are ON the metal planet. The purpose is to have something that people can attack that can slow down or stop the next Death Ray attack...
    kothanlem likes this.
  5. jaffa117

jaffa117 New Member

Do you think the laser could destroy a halleys moon while its travelling to its target?
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You can delete a post if yours is the last post in the thread (eg., no-one has responded after your post).

... i think.
  7. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

I don't think its a balance issue. If you let your opponent build the sucker, you lost ages ago. It's a case of finishing you off in style.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The real question is... Why did the rebel alliance never think of that?!
    squishypon3 and Devak like this.
  9. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is what I thought you when you said "lazer" in the topic title

on topic.
    I think certain sized death stars should have scaled power based on their relative size to the planet it is destroying.

Small death stars would only take a small part of a planet out while planet sized deathstars destroy, well, other planets.

Just an opinion.
  10. knub23

knub23 Active Member

No that doesn't work. A planet that is travelling to its target is greyed out, so you cannot target it with the laser.
  11. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

It's only 5, but close enough ;-)

[edit]
    Hmm .. I wonder what happens if you laser the planet the halleys are aimed at?
  12. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

What happens if it shoots the planet out of the sky enroute?

Edit: Read above. UBER FIX THIS.
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I like how the word "lazer" in this thread has quotes around it. What, did Dr. Evil type it?
    igncom1 likes this.
  14. squishypon3

Because it's actually spelled laser :p
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

nnnnnnnnnnope.
  16. squishypon3

I've seen the delete button once, I pressed it to see what it'd do. Then it asked me to type a reason for deletion then didn't do it :p
  17. enderdude

enderdude Member

I think that when you use it it needs a cooldown time if you are going to use it again
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I've never seen it in general discussion.
  19. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

What happens if two metal planets shoot each other at the same time? Or if 10 metal planets all shoot the next one in line and it goes around in a circle...
  20. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

The planet could be heavily fortified by a rusher, that then spams advanced fabbers to build the catalysts.

Also i belive it should destroy one or multiple catalysts when fired, and for multiple uses it will have a long recharge time, with a adjustable slider to put different amounts of energy into it over time. Single-time use is just boring.