Thoughts on bringing more Unit Flavour to PA

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, April 27, 2014.

1. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

ozonexo3: good idea. I think following the unit roster of ta would be best along with sum original unit ideas. I like having bots play different from tanks..
    IMO we should get Bots with arty (shorter range strong sheller for blobs of units), long range rocket (more for taking out static base defense but very long range), laser (powerful short range unit killer), canon (medium range weaker all around unit killer),fire (short range blob unit/base killer), aa bots. We should also get this in tank units.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Uber has some new "tech" that is almost ready, so we're about to see some very drastic changes to some of the units.

I predict this is gonna give us some pretty nice additional unit variety.
    drz1, cdrkf and ArchieBuld like this.
  3. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

New tech meaning new units our just changes to existing units? Neutrino never mentioned this in his earlier post...
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

They mentioned it in a livestream, but seemed excited and cryptic about it.
  5. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

The latest live stream? Cryptic hmm..lol
  6. Nullimus

Nullimus Well-Known Member

Maybe you guys in Uber have already discussed these things at length. However we are not in your daily meetings, nor should we be, so we are just talking this stuff out.

Don't be offended. We just love this game and are in many ways just as invested as you are.

Many of us have been bragging up the potential for PA to be the best most innovative RTS of all time and we really want to see it happen. So please show some patience with our opinions and suggestions that are formed based only on what we can see in releases and what you tell us during the live streams.

PS: We would all love to know what other unit ideas and bits of flavor you all have been batting around the water cooler.
    lapsedpacifist and drz1 like this.
  7. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

yes, but this does not mean that we can not think about how its now, and how we want to see it. Even if they know what they will add to this and what will be changed, they didn't say anything more than "there will be something more "soon"".
    Our job is to find as many ideas/sugestions as we can.
    Uber job is to decide whith of them have sense, and do with it what they want to.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I agree on that ;)
    But sometimes I find the posts (not this one) but some about the balance a bit too aggressive against Uber. Uber probably knows best about what they are doing. So tell them your idea nicely or just don't ;)
    kalherine, ozonexo3 and tollman like this.
  9. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

The problem its that we are gamers they are developers!

(Uber probably knows best about what they are doing) thats hard to to talk!
    Iff so wy people are making those posts?
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I suppose that depends on your definition, but it's not nearly as black and white as you make it out to be.

Mike
  11. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Don't we have a certain huge thread in the Backers Lounge dedicated solely to this idea?