Thoughts on bots vs. vehicles: Is it possible that Uber might be on the right track?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by tehtrekd, July 31, 2014.

1. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

My point was more I want them to work like that. OR that that is one possibility for making them more useful.
  2. sodusentinelx

sodusentinelx Member

My humble opinion:

I like playing Bot-tech first in earlier stages of the game because i like the raiding. They took out mex' and power quite fast and had reasonable damage. They could even go with tanks, as their superb speed made them microable to some extent vs tanks. Now they are still faster, but are weaker in both HP and DPS... Which is a shame really...

How would i see bots? Sinergy with the other bot type (Grenadier) is i believe the key here. How would i go along:

Dox:
    * More vision (as they are essentially also scouting units, give it just less then the recon aircraft
    * Make them a tad faster even, so micro against tanks can be possible
    * No more HP, but a little more base damage.

Grenadiers:
    Same speed as dox
    * less vision
    * greater range (around the range of a leveler, maybe tad less)

This way, a squad of Dox+Grenadiers are an effective raiding party! They can attack your buildings, but wouldn't last in a straight up fight (due to the lesser HP in comparison to Vehicles). But now one can't exist without the other, and their speed would justify the cost, as they can go in, snipe some stuff and get back out. Just to run around and appear somewhere else again :)
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I wonder what would happen if we, say, increased damage, armor, and cost by almost double, then give the dox the increased range and vision to effectively raid?

It works marvelously, might i say.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

i'd rather have 2 weaker dox then 1 strong dox
    elodea likes this.
  5. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I've been using the planet wide patrols doxes spam, in the beginning of the match to good results. They are a nuisance ands usually forces the other player to invest in towers or scatter his forces to kill them on their expansions, wile i had to do almost nothing. They occupy mexes and kill unprotected fabbers. In a 1v1 i wouldn't recommend them, but in team matches they have their uses. So thats the only use I have for them. Perhaps bots should be glass cannons then they might be more useful but different from tanks.
  6. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Well, there also another option how to change the Dox and the Ant:

Make the Ant's barrel almost fixed (only allow it to attack units head on, like a classic tank hunter) and give the Dox fully 270-360° rotate-able upper body so it can actually be used for functional drive by maneuvers.