This just in: This forum SUCKS now. (TL; DR)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Undercover_Thudercat, March 6, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yep. Monday Night Combat is rated T for Teen.
  2. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

But it's sold online and therefore anyone can buy it.
  3. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Skurpa doodley doo, et tu, wallace?. You gotta know what's not the best representation of a company on their online game forums. That's not some uptight new mod approach it's a sensible way to act in public. You're driving up the noise/sound ratio by now.
  4. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

Et tu, AARPS? You have an interest in Caesar?
  5. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Unless it's for legal or corporate reasons (which I'm sure it is) there's no reason to moderate the forum's language.
  6. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Since the forum doesn't require you to be of a certain age to register (the 'Teen' age being 16 and up), they have to moderate the language and innuendo to a certain degree, otherwise that would allow uptight soccer moms to sue for their child learning a bad word.
  7. Totally Not Grec

Real life isn't like that.
  8. XXX MidgetPron

XXX MidgetPron New Member

9. Totally Not Grec

With Grec's almighty powers of perception, I deduce that you are....

DUN DUN DUN DUN

fdafdasgahyhartScentedMidgetgfsgadfafdass
  10. XXX MidgetPron

XXX MidgetPron New Member

LOL random?^
    you= :geek:
    me= :cool:
    tom,jon,jack,fluton,= :ugeek:
  11. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

The 'teen' age is 13, actually. I don't think there's anyone on these forums under that. I would further argue that people are, as a whole, too uptight and cautious when it comes to swears and political correctness and all that jazz, but that's not entirely a discussion for here. If the age gate is really an issue, it's an extra line in the terms of agreement when you register. I can promise that it won't make Uber look bad or lose them any sales. If something so simple can play such a critical role in keeping the community active, then why not?

Also, look at the banner at the top of your screen. Check out the middle of it. What is that guy's name?
    Last edited: March 8, 2011
  12. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I dunno but I know what he does :oops:

I'm sayin'... does not being able to be explicit ruin your experience? Innuendo is nice because it sorta naturally sorts by age; make references that your peers get but doesn't hurt the kiddies. I don't know why but Ninja you always struck me as someone who would be into that sort of verbal gymnastics..?
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

That's Juicebot.
  14. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

I would like to point out that the incident I'm referring to was a fairly simple joke referencing that chatroulette has male genitalia. The worst possible thing about it was that I used the proper term for that. If you don't want anyone to say penis, censor it.

I am not very often explicit, but I am at times sexual. If I were to know where the line stands, I would enforce it as well as anyone else.

I can't say I didn't know that was coming, but I'm sure my point's not lost.
  15. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

that belongs here
  16. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Ahem...
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yep but that's what we call him in game which fits better with our theme and Juice.
  18. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

On the 360?
  19. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Plus you can only use one iteration of the F word in movies to keep it PG-13, so I bet you guys are biding your time for the most amazing F-bomb ever.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

After reading through the thread where peachy and miracle were banned, I either reported the original banning post, or the one where he agreed they didn't do anything wrong. 99% sure it was the initial banning post. In the report I conducted, I made sure I was professional. From there I have made no attempts at trolling and have stated my opinion. I even received a pm from a mod stating

"What do you want me to be? A hard *** whose impossible to talk with who has no sense of humor? You taking me seriously is irrelevant. Uber asked me to moderate and I'm going to do just that. I do not appreciate your power hungry comments.

We're on a **** internet forum."

That is a reply to me stating that the mod's sarcasm doesn't help and I am not able to take X amount of posts serious. I never said anything about changing who he should be and I left personal attacks out.

So I ask you.. How long until action is taken? I stated my claims and agree with parts of this thread. I pretty much agree with 100% of what snarf is saying though. If all mods can see the claims reported, then you can see my actions were more so professional. I felt no need for a petition or anything of the sorts because of what I assume from the boards. I assume my reported post will be looked at, debated etc, and if need be would have a response stating if I am wrong or not. Upon looking at the report, seeing how both the community, the mods, and the initial mod agreeing that the bans weren't justified, I assume that the mistake will be reversed. Nothing happened so you can't blame people for taking a turn for the worse, and start trolling/harassing the issue at hand.

I stand here, possibly alone, stating that I try to be civil about this. I feel my actions aren't being heard. At that point I can understand why people would start being dicks, because they get attention.

Theres not much here that needs to be answered, but I felt I had to say something.
    naka333 likes this.