This just in: This forum SUCKS now. (TL; DR)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Undercover_Thudercat, March 6, 2011.

1. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

shift z x c v b n m , . /
    probably a typo.
    Last edited: March 7, 2011
  2. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

You are not looking at it from other's POV that is why you say that.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You lost me there Deadpool...
  4. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I like my V, thank you very much :cool:

It's mostly just my own humor. I typed once by accident once (right next to B). It sounds like "B", and kept it since. And in this specific case, reminds me of V for Vendetta. I'm cool like that. Note the above yellow face with sunglasses.
    Last edited: March 7, 2011
  5. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

*coughvandbarenexttoeachotheronthekeyboardcough*
  6. DeadStretch

Oh yeah V is next to B. You got your own personal meme. :eek:
  7. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Never before have I seen such self-trolling.
  8. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Wha?
  9. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

That, and many others. You wouldn't believe what me and my friends come up with. I've been meaning to tell people about my awesome idea for the Assassin.....

Now, my answer to being a mod, should this hypothetical situation exist.

1) Catch up with what's already been said. Take a look at the modcave, and see what's been discussed, why, by whom.
    2) Resist the urge to let my overwhelming sarcasm come out in future posts. With such a position, you're not really allowed to be as mean as I like to be. Would have to be.... nice. Ick.
    3) Delete any and all posts I've made that would somehow imply I am an equal or lesser being than those I've interacted with.

For the threads in general, and this specific problem:

Really, you just have to let the people speak. They ultimately let this place live, or die. This, for example. There's an exchanging of ideas, in a mostly civil manner, minor derailing, a bit of ribbing. Not as much as you'd usually see, but that's because of the current hair trigger everyone's on. So, talk about the memes. Why, why, WHY is "post" frowned upon? I think it's brilliant. Were being given our own subculture here. I feel like an actual part of the gang, because we have our little inside jokes. Post, Turrents, Bearded Meteor; what's wrong with this? Why does is bug anyone, for any reason? How is it harmful to the environment of the forums and the community? Saying people shouldn't do it or else is, really, just abusing your power, unless I'm totally missing something here.

You guys were members too. You gave input, and others said "Hey! That's cool man...." and a few more said "But what about this?". And, those last ones said "LOL MARON!" But, things grew. You'd get different insight, and usually, a thread stayed on topic, albeit in a rather hostile tone. Okay. Let 'em go at it. There's no reason to make 'em stop until it gets completely off topic for several pages, or something really bad happens. You're cutting off something that could lead to something brilliant. What does it hurt if you give it a chance?

Ultimately, it just seems that those up top really are, forgive the cliche, going mad with power.
  10. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I just found it funny how you had an inside joke with yourself that you initiated without being prompted. I didn't mean actual trolling. ;)
  11. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

:cool:

^^NOTE THE SUNGLASSES. (Don't note the tan. My computer monitor has yet to make me put on sunscreen)
  12. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

This thread got kind of sidetracked by that personal meme, didn't it? Not that that's a bad thing, since I'm afraid we'll all end up killing each other in this thread ;) .
  13. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

*tear*

Haven't felt so important since Obsydianite mentioned me in her commentary. It is not sad. STOP JUDGING ME.
  14. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

*JUDGES RANDOMDUDE*
  15. DeadStretch

How do you judge some random dude? ;)
  16. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

See? This is what I'm talking about. Off topic? Yes. Derailed? Maybe a little. But it can be easily put back on topic. Right now it's just some guys having fun. Unless the OP expressly forbids it, why is it so wrong?

Attached Files:

17. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Touche, Mr. Stretch, Touche.
  18. DeadStretch

This type of off-topicness isn't bad or wrong it's when the personal attacks come into play is when it starts to go sour.
  19. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

Lately, and maybe this is just in my head, it has seemed a bit stricter than that.

Even then, I see no reason to actually stop it cold unless, again, it gets really bad. Y'know. Whole block of all caps with nothing at all to do with the topic. Or, an inappropriate image/link. If it's some guys arguing quite... erm, passionately, it should be fine, until it hits the fourth or fifth page with them going ape on each other while being off topic.
  20. DeadStretch