This just in: This forum SUCKS now. (TL; DR)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Undercover_Thudercat, March 6, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Grec, to be honest, you are doing very little to contribute to this topic.
  2. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

AARPS is not trolling. He is, for the most part, spot on.

I don't deny it. But, like Jon and Tom, as soon as I realized how it was going to be, I basically said, "F--- it". I tried to tell him. He continously reacted with hostility. Meanwhile, random tards are chiming in about how I'm a dumbass for picking a fight with Eka, even though I'm politely explaining to him my reasoning and he's basically calling me an idiot.

Stretch, you're missing the point. If the boards are moderated like this, the same thing is going to happen. More and more users are going to get sick of it, and either troll their way to a ban or just stop posting. Either way, the forums will die. If the forums die, I promise you that the game will die out soon enough as well.
  3. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

This thread's starting to get a little sweet.

And Strech, I was talking about the general community as a whole not just you and I.
  4. DeadStretch

The rules have always been the same. The only difference now is they have more "mods" to deal with it.

And Snarf if you really wanted an answer you could have PM'd them. Making a thread titled "Why did my post get deleted" did not help your cause.
  5. Totally Not Grec

Snarf still has a point we can all debate about.

The moderation is getting a bit on the heavy side, and the feel around here is getting more and more tense. Besides if the rules have always been the same then why have users that have been going here for a while get banned (seeing as how they've been following the rules long enough to not get banned)?
    Last edited: March 7, 2011
  6. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

He is right the MODS are contributing to the conflicts on the forums unknowingly.
  7. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

If the rules have been the same, but the forums went crazy after all the new mods came, there has to be something about he new mods leading to this state the forum is in now. Either that, or people just decided to take a turn for the worse.
  8. Totally Not Grec

(Dr.Phil voice)

All right guys, we just need to remove all the barriers and let the tears flow and hug and make up. Come on, get together now~
  9. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

That's the single thing I don't understand. What's the vital difference between a PM and a Thread that's so frowned upon?

If it's flaming, or something that derails a topic, I could understand the desire to keep it private. But when it's a Topic created in the correct area, that isn't breaking any of the rules, why is it stressed that it should be kept between two people, instead of allowing others to view it. Especially when it's the OP's choice. No other forum I've seen gives the user the option to Lock his own thread. Users have more control here than anywhere else over their topic. If they made it a thread, then they probably wanted it to be public. I just don't see why that's wrong for most cases (see, not aggressively targeting another group/individual).
  10. DeadStretch

I have a question. How would you handle the situation if you were a mod?

[Edit]
    What reason is behind making a thread asking why another one of your threads got locked or deleted? And why make it public? Are you trying to make someone look bad?

My dad always told me growing up "If you must ask why then you should already know your answer."
  11. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

While we are all breaking social barriers and whatnot... I just want to say Stretch and Jessep have been good mods.
  12. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I agree what a coincidence :!:
  13. Totally Not Grec

I always liked these two, as well.

We need to stop focusing on politics and just start talking to one another like people. We're gamers, stoners and nerds not politicians like I said 1 million times before. We need to take a different approach to things and start doing things on an interpersonal level. Babaayy.
  14. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

I appreciate what you mods do. You guys take time from your busy day to go through the same posts.

i don't know how you guys could have done things differently but I would have unbanned miracle and peachy
  15. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

I agree, Hudson and Jessep and Stretch are good mods. I haven't seen Polynomial's work, so I won't say anything about him. I won't mention Organous, since I think the original post already explained about him.
  16. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

You realize how much this post scares me, right? Last time this was asked (forget where) the thread was locked.

Before I edit my response to contain my personal answer, I will say this:

Being in a position of power, like most know, is a tricky thing. People look to you for many things, and it's a tricky balance. Doing it correctly is quite difficult, because you can't please everybody. Common knowledge, I know.

There's two explanations about those in power who aren't succeeding:
    A) They were under the impression that they could handle such responsibilities, and could not. They overestimated themselves.
    V) They knew from the start they could not, and lied saying they could.

I use this to apply to my former boss (he's an A, btw).

And, while I've said this multiple times, I respect and appreciate just about all the mods. Hudson, Jessep, and Stretch have always shown respect, open mindedness, and quite fair judgment. Any questions I had regarding their actions I could always justify, if gathered from a different PoV.

I can't speak for Polynomail. I think he lurks too often on the PC boards for me to see him around here.

Organous is spoken for. By multiple people.
    Last edited: March 7, 2011
  17. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I think this should be a thread.
    But to answer your question if i was in your position I would resign as a mod,
    This is in ratio to what happened in Egypt, everything was chaos when their president was in office and when he resigned things went back to normal. Just try it.
  18. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I see what you mean and i agree.
  19. DeadStretch

What's with you an this V option? :lol:

[Edit]
    That doesn't help the problem at hand though.
  20. Totally Not Grec

I know right, why not A( and B(?