This is Bad PR (From Reddit)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by heyhellowhatsnew, June 14, 2013.

1. Maruun

Maruun Member

Nah its more like "EA screwing there customers by melking them yearly with the same game and always the same price for 60$ but we are cool with it, beside raging hating whining on the internet because of that."

Those poor devs are forced to work as slaves for the Publisher and producing always the same every years...Help those Devs! There creativity gets dulled and talent is being wasted :( now i am sad...
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Having just read through Jon Mavor's recent Reddit posts, I can rest assured that he has not been in any way dulled! :D
  3. darkhunt333

darkhunt333 New Member

This feels awkward.. I love you.

But yeah, this is the idea.
  4. deso88

deso88 Member

The EA insult is really always a quality response...
  5. dacite

dacite Member

Reddit is a hivemind organism. Their vocabulary is limited by the circlejerk.
  6. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

I dont understand all those people.... If I see a game, and its too expensive in my opinion, then I dont buy it. But I dont start flaming and whining everywhere.

But now.... do we need dozens of threads in this forums about the same issue?^^
  7. antillie

antillie Member

No such thing as bad publicity, blah blah blah, move along...
  8. cptusmc

cptusmc Active Member

These are internal management decisions mainly related to capital financing requirements. In order to understand this you must understand the Structure of Production. In a nut shell, an Austrian Economist will tell you that wealth is created from capital investment. In order for this game to be produced, capital is needed to finance research & development operations. There are two ways to gain capital for this type of project: investors (Kick-starter) or equity financing (owner-financed &/or profits from other operations).

Below is am illustration depicting this situation; obviously I do not have access to internal management information, therefore this chart may not accurately depict actual results.

[​IMG]

If you want a detailed explanation, just PM me and we can discuss it in greater detail over TeamSpeak (b/c I won’t want to type it out). There are still multiple other variable to consider, this is just 1. Hope this helps. ;)

BTW: Their price model is in-line with the gaming industry. Where I am, new video games are $60.00 retail; therefore, we are getting a discount (If purchased for $40.00) because you are aware of its early existence. If you pre-order it at the average new video game price ($60.00) you will get into the beta. Which I must say, is more than most companies offer these days. The only real premium is for the Alpha, which is $30.00, which I do not believe is too much to ask for.
  9. ST13

ST13 New Member

+1 to this thread. Seriously all those kids can go cry to their mommys about not having enough money and ****. And I've been reading serious gaming magazines list PA as 83€ price, which is correct at steam, BUT if they had done a little bit of research they would have known that if you buy the 90$ at Uber store you get the correct conversion price for it. I've been saying this in a few threads now and people are just... stupid :D
  10. northbehemoth

northbehemoth New Member

I am personally 200$+ via the kickstarter, but the money was given so the game will be awesome, I think the fact that they want a lower price on the alpha is just stupid. Why do they want the alpha for the games actual price is just beyond me. Where I stand on the price is as follows, perhaps uber kicks out an extra copy of the final game to everyone whom alpha backed or supported alpha, which would land us in a larger player base, which in the end is all the game wants by retail. This would also justify a price drop later in the year. If it were to come, there is no point in being stubborn on a land mine. It may bite the whole game in the *** if the community as we are now becomes elitist saying oh no poor people, next we will be enslaving them in our large manor and making them pick our cotton fields. Also remember money is money, and I want this game to do well. More then well I want to see this game on E Sports.

So that was my thoughts~
    Let's hear yours.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY

I really do love to see that Uber have the spine to hold up the major balls they have.

I wish more company's just had the balls to stick to their words, weather they are good or evil, back-pedalling that Microsoft does is just shameful.
  12. ascythian

ascythian Member

I personally think Uber made a mistake releasing an alpha on Steam.

Steam is for retail games while Kickstarter is for funding them. If you are going to
    have Planetary Annihilation on Steam at this stage, just have the forums up.
  13. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Yeah. I think that is the problem. For KS people Alpha and Beta was a reward.
    For steam people it is nothing special.
  14. hikarum

hikarum New Member

Excellent point there. Wonder if there is something that could be done to "amend" that, even if it had to retroactively apply to the KS/Uberent backers as well. I honestly have no idea what they'd choose for that, admittedly.
  15. owlbert

owlbert New Member

Give them a break mate, I don't think anyone can say they wouldn't be annoyed getting constant **** from douchebags who think they know better than the people who created this amaze balls game.