This is a subject

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Art and Fiction' started by NataVonDoom, December 29, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I use Sketchbook Pro on my iPhone for finger sketching. The tool really doesn't matter as much as the end result. I used to use Painter for it's amazing brushes but everything else was clunky. When the next iPad comes out I'll be getting Sketchbook for that.
  2. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

Thank you! I use to love working in photoshop, but I think school beat it out of me. I was in a traditional track and they really didn't like me using ps for much beyond color studies. :C I don't really understand the program very well anymore.

SketchBookPro.. I've never used this, or known anyone personally who's used it. : O Sounds interesting though.
  3. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

I used Paintr once but there was too much interaction happening between strokes on the page. The way I see it if I want paint to act like paint, I'll paint it. The beauty of photoshop is that it can break alot of rules and do alot of things natural painting cant. People just forget that digital painting and normal painting are two different things and settle for learning just one.
  4. Mastah

Mastah New Member

That sounds like lots of work :eek: But the result is awesome, again :)
  5. cherylfoster

cherylfoster New Member

I do not know what sketchbook Pro, but I understand your point about Photo shop. This is why I use the drawing tools race. Its focus is strictly the drawings, there is no touch-ups, etc. so it's easy and fun to use.