this explains well why meny are mad

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by nuketf, August 20, 2015.

1. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

I understand why some people are angry.... to some extent at least.
    I do actually agree that they should have given it for free for those that backed it in Alpha with that being said.
    There is 0% reason to give TITAN away for free...I can´t think of any company that gives away free content besides
    CD Projekt RED with the Witcher 3 props to them for that but that is not the norm.
    temeter and Corgiarmy like this.
  2. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Sounds like the Iraq War.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah I think it's the same part of human psychology that leads to that kind of thing. In that sense let's all be happy we're only throwing words at each other and not bombs.
    temeter and Corgiarmy like this.
  4. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

For CD Project, it's more part of their business strategy. The constant stream of small free updates motivates players to keep playing for a longer time. Which gives CDP time to finish up their bigger DLCs, since the game will still feel relatively fresh when they come out.

Which is actually the same way it's done for PA, albeit on a different scale. Free updates, and then a bigger DCL.
    mered4 likes this.
  5. ekae

ekae New Member

Oh I mean as a normal expansion DLC not a standalone full game.
  6. cola_colin

Where do you see the difference?
  7. ekae

ekae New Member

1. DLC is easier to understand that PA:T is an added experience not a new full game
    2. DLC take less time to download and install
    3. Current PA owner doesn't have to pay for a full game price if they miss the promotion or they don't want to buy a game right now.

So the only reason to not go DLC is Uber just want to get rid the bad review on the old PA.
  8. cola_colin

I think getting rid of year old reviews that state your game doesn't have features you patched in month ago seems reasonable though.
    Your points are somewhat valid ofc, but still.
  9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I have them as well, play 10 minutes, crash. Unable to reconnect because it will keep crashing.
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I think I fixed it by reinstalling OS
    proeleert likes this.
  11. cola_colin

If that is the case then people should look into deleting everything under %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\ or maybe move it somewhere else and test
    mered4 likes this.