This alpha is awesome !

Discussion in 'Support!' started by doud, June 7, 2013.

1. rhalx

rhalx New Member

The alpha is filled with pathfinding and interface bugs, but it's so, so promising. I really love the orbiting moon, the day/night cycle with units lights, the shadows, the environments...

It has all the potential to become the worthy successor of TA. Good luck and keep up the good work :!:
  2. Gkaruk

Gkaruk New Member

I have to agree with all the comments here as also being 40+ yr old now and having played the original TA to death. I even have it still running in an XP VM and play with my son who 14 yrs.

A great job Uber and both Son and I are proud Galactic Edt. owners and enjoying the current alpha very much as this look to be the next TA style game for us, much better than Supcom in our view.

Fav moment was watching the metal extractor shadows and then little later in my base build noting the shadows had moved in relation to the light. This then got even more impressive when I noted you even have shadows for the frames as the structures build, just awesome detail.

Im looking very much towards the future alpha builds, improvements towards the betas. Keep up the excellent work!!
  3. Drarrk

Drarrk New Member

I've been saving up for a gaming computer just because I want to get the full experience of your game because its fantastic! In the mean time I'm able to run PA on my Lenovo G570 with an Intel Core i5 quite smoothly, even if I have all the settings on the lowest possible setting, the game still looks really nice so I am really impressed and I'm looking forward to the coming weeks. :D
  4. arnick

arnick New Member

This post and its commentary: Fact.

My first experience with the alpha last night started with my commander falling through the planet into a crevice. It was hilarious. So I built on the walls, too. xD
    So much amusement and fun so far! For an alpha, yeah- you guys have done pretty damn well. Good work. Things get stressful? Just take a look here at the praise for some relief. :)
  5. Baleur

Baleur Member

Yeah me too!!
    The detail holds up, let us see them closer in!
  6. Draakje

Draakje New Member

Yeah I am impressed, started up without problems played a while no crashes or anything.
    I've played beta's and even retail version that are less stable then this.

Cannot wait to see what's next for this game.
  7. Consili

Consili Member

I second this. Atm what i would like to see is the ability to tilt the angle of the camera, as well as adjust the distance at which the strategic icons pop in. This is very early days though I'm sure all that and more is coming :D
  8. Cryptic1

Cryptic1 New Member

Totally agree this the posts here.
    For such an early alpha, it totally reminds me of playing TA.
    I love it.

I have not done any bug reporting (most of the bugs I have come across have already been reported, but have at least been voting)

I look forward to testing more builds in the future.

Thanks again.
  9. veta

veta Active Member

Re: This alpha is awsome !

this is a winner's attitude, that's how you know we'll get a good game. the devs will never get complacent.
  10. magicide1

magicide1 Member

I'm thoroughly disappointed! Months ago I asked about white boxes and was assured that they would be there. Instead everything has professional looking placeholder models and effects. The closest I get is the moon and it's a white sphere! A sphere! This is unacceptable...
  11. legitlobster

legitlobster Member

Worry no more, good sir!

Simply download the attached file and replace all image files in your
    Code:
    \Planetary Annihilation\PA\media\ui\alpha\live_game\img\strategic_icons\
    folder with it! Make sure to rename it to the names of the images alread present.

Then you only need to zoom out in-game for all your white box needs.

Attached Files:

12. GreenBag

GreenBag Active Member

The fact you can do strategy on this is amazing, my only complaint is at the moment the bots I think are kind of useless as they can outnumber two t1 tanks 3 to one and the takes will take them the majority and by that time you can build 2 more tanks to take them out and have the time to build up a turret to annihilate them
  13. boolybooly

boolybooly Member

Yes +1 am enjoying alpha, it looks like the foundation of something truely magnificent.
  14. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yeah! Totally! This alpha is awesome even running at 7 fps (due to my 9800).
  15. jigokushiya

jigokushiya New Member

The alpha is indeed awesome! I have only had time to play around for about 40 minutes so far but I'm loving it.

With settings on low my i7 2600K and GTX 590 is basically giving me 30 FPS constantly, which is more than fine for me during alpha.

I can barely wait to see all the improvements the awesome folks at Uber has to offer during the year.
  16. dfar

dfar New Member

Great Job Guys! coming along nicely. Been waiting for PA for a decade now and I am glad the wait is over!!!!
  17. schockster

schockster New Member

I really enjoyed playing ta and supcom, but supcom was some sort of another game.
    PA already feels in the alpha much more like ta than supcom do.
  18. chatranle

chatranle New Member

Re: This alpha is awsome !

hehehe i know that feeling i made a game for my first year in uni i think its crap beyond belief my mates love it and think its fun and worth a good grade

we are our on worst crtic wish i could programme on your scale hopefully one day i will be there
  19. hitorque

hitorque New Member

Same here! My son and I used to play TA all the time...We had some great LAN parties back then.
  20. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

so far awesome, there are the bugs, but it's fun and feels right in general :p

Keep it going :)

neutrino is awesome as well as all the PA team for getting this together in the time they have had, 7 months really isn't that long for from the ground up like this, and I really want to see where we end up