Thinking about the best in people and be happy!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by violetania, November 2, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

It has come to my attention (on fb... but one of the people that commented was from PA... also why not just share happy photos??? =P) that some people have really really REALLY lost hope in humans and their good nature.
    I don't know about other countries but in Australia, a lot of people say that the homeless on the streets are only begging for money to get drugs... and some even fake it because they can earn more money begging than in an honest job.
    Anyways... this kinda came from people saying things like "Dude everyone is bad wtf" and "Assume the worst, you'll never be disappointed again" so i wanted to make a post about the opposite! So the first picture is where this all started on fb i suppose, and then the rest are just HUMANS ARE AWESOME LOVELY BEINGS!!! <3 Wuv!!!!!
    [​IMG]

http://9gag.com/gag/anB01DL

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://imgur.com/Pl5joss

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay i think that's enough.... cute animals kinda deviate from human goodness..... BUT SERIOUSLY!!!! most of you out there are probably wuving cutie pies but to the non believers.... OMG LOOK AT HOW SWEET PEOPLE ARE!?!?!?!?!?
    Not to mention someone donated $3000 to me because i mentioned on stream how scared i was to tell my mum i needed something fixed... ahahah >.<
    THE WORLD IS FULL OF LOVELY AMAZINGNESS!!!! Jeez i think i'm getting high just looking at pictures so =3

Okay okay i'll shut up, have a lovely day everyone!!! ^^
    =D
    DeathByDenim and stuart98 like this.
  2. violetania

3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It's true, people can be pretty awesome and surprise you. I think a lot of the problems with the perception of 'everyone sucks' is the press- bad news makes for a better headline :p
    violetania likes this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah, UK is currently in a **** anyone 'foreign' mode (even though pretty much everyone here is descended from a mixture of people from all around Europe if you go far enough back).

The fact is it's easy to blame all the problems on 'migrants' when in my experience they're the only people who actually do any work. Problem is all the politicians are using it as a way to score points which is stirring things up more. The way things are going there's a good chance this country will vote itself out of the EU in the near future, and I personally can't think of a more stupid thing to do.
    violetania and tunsel11 like this.
  5. violetania

Have you guys heard about australia????
    #turnbacktheboats our reporters and the doctors that see the refugees aren't even allowed to report on them anymore!!!! (because a doctor talked about how bad the conditions were and people got arrested)
    I wish instead of getting paranoid that refugees are going to come and take your job, people should just work harder >.> I mean it's your own freaking fault.... BLARG! ahaha >.< oh well ^^
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

That's how the US is too. The best part is that immigrants are taking all of the jobs (Mexicans, specifically), but Mexicans are lazy. How can it be both? If they're working better than you are, odds are you're the lazy one.

Anyways, people can be huge pains in the butt, and are generally annoying, but that doesn't mean people aren't nice. The nicer you are, the nicer you'll likely find those around you.
    violetania likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The larger the crowd the less likely it is it behaves nicely.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  8. violetania

I don't understand why.... The internet is such a good example because everyone connected to it and so many people are meany pants trolls! I mean i think the rule, helping others is helping yourself should really be taught because the internet seems like such a great resource and some people just seem to waste it because RAWR! DX *tear*
    Oh well, one day it might be like big brother is watching... SO BE NICE!!!! #1984 =3
  9. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Have you actually read 1984? It is double plus good. 2+2=5
  10. Devak

Devak Post Master General

People need to be taught more history. Because history is a dark, shitty place that makes you wonder how the hell we're even around today. From the amount of times the Cold War almost became a Hot war by accident to civilizations just eradicating eachother for shits and giggles. Hell, the creepiest story you could tell is that women had no voting rights a century ago. A century! Half our race inferior to the other! You think grandpa is being racist? well that wasn't a thing a hundred years ago.

We poisoned, murdered, enslaved and eradicated stuff for millenia. Now that we're finally changing all that we're suddenly are at the worst time to be alive? don't make me laugh. Whenever i lose faith in humanity i just think back to all the **** we did back then and realize now is the best time to be alive.
    websterx01 and tunsel11 like this.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Somehow I think that may mostly be an illusion. In a few hundred years people will mainly remember the wars and crimes of today, not the charities and they'll think the same you think now.
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Help who?
    I do my best to make a positive impact for those in my circle of influence. I like to think everyone else is doing the same, but many get sidetracked and discouraged by the distractions of everyday life.

As a group, people are quite predictable. They'll choose what is best in the moment, not the best option long term. Individuals will make radically different decisions and are thus highly unpredictable. Individuals tend to start the 'lets be negative' bandwagon, and the crowd jumps on board. The reverse is also true and it has led to some awesome things.

That said, we can't go full optimist and ignore the monsters banging at the doors of the civilised West. Given time, the monsters will be put down and they will go away - but that process takes generations.

The internet and its mediation are an excellent example of this. Want to see a group of people who are bringing out the best in others? Look to the companies and governments sacrificing personal gain and control of the internet. Those people àre generally doing the right thing, and it shows.

Want to see the worst of humanity? Look no further than countries with the infrastructure to support the Internet, but restrict it on a regular basis.

As for individuals on the internet: expecting the best and preparing for the worst is a decent policy. Trolls abound in this murky sea of false anonymity.
  13. violetania

I think agree with Mered on helping people, I think a lot of people are conditioned by the media as well as their environment about self worth, consumption among other thing which might make people selfish even if they don't realize it... So it might be expecting a little too much of people to go save the world, i think we're so detached from those that really need our help because we don't see it first hand and we don't understand how it feels that it's hard to make people care.

But i would like to argue about teaching history... History can and always will be used by someone to take things out of context. If i'm not mistaken i believe that Jesus never critiques homosexuality in the Bible yet he does critique divorce.... though divorce is legal in many places and gay marriage still isn't in a lot of places. Quoting the Quran it says "None of you have faith until you love for your neighbor what you love for yourself" yet it also says there is only one god. And a certain group of people have chosen to ignore the neighbor part. I know i'm using religious examples and not historical, but the Bible and the Quran are considered historical and they are well known so i think they're good examples (please don't kill me, i'm not trying to pick on anyone i'm just using what i think are 2 well known examples). Also, I know ISIS is an extremist group... but the gay marriage issue is a battle being fought internationally.... Another example is that there are so many misnomers.... LIKE QUOTES!!!!! Omg!!! And the are quotes that actually exists like.... "If you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" - M.M.... And people use it like it's their ticket out for being lazy, rude or whatever.... IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOOT MYSELF!!!!! M.M, not judging what her occupation was, she actually achieved something for herself!!!
    Anyways, point being, history is great, it's like watching a replay of a game to learn from mistakes, but sometimes it was a one off... like a war between 2 countries, and the people shouldn't hate each other because we all know what propaganda does... but people will still have the itch at the back of their head even if they don't mean to... Like how i obsess over building a fight first when i play against oxide because he pelican dropped me once. Love you oxi <3 Tehe ^^

And also i'm not saying that it's the worst time to be alive! But if something is wrong, it's wrong! And it should be fixed, we shouldn't just be like, hey, it was worse and move on =P Like the fires in Indonesia.... i have no seen it on a televised news channel yet! I've only seen 2 articles online... And while a people are choking on smoke and being evacuated, people are reporting on the Melbourne cup. For non Australians, it's an embarrassing time of the year where people try to dress up and look decent, only to get themselves drunk, bet on horses which ends up making them look more tasteless than a tacky then a cheap $20 knock of a jet set logo tote compared to gorgeous crocodile skin Birkin. Seriously though.... SOMEONE!!!!!

edit: Okay i said i'd stop ranting but i just had to add this, agree or not, but i am a very strong believer in healthcare and GOOD education being free. I emphasize good because at uni i've learnt more about my field from friends then from uni... and i was lucky enough to attend schooling where classes got as small as 4 people at teachers would call you at night and during the holidays to make sure you were on task. Also i believe no everyone is born the same, some people maybe be born with an impairment and some are born to families with lesser wealth and therefore can't afford vaccines. Why should those people have to suffer before they happened to be born with something, there was an accident or just due to unfortunate circumstances, everyone should be equal and it should be a thing where people should be helped as much as they can to lead life as unimpaired as possible in my opinion. Also we live in a world where half the world is impoverished and starving while there's an epidemic of obesity... WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?! Yes times are better with certain things, but we have gone backwards on some issues and there are also new issues being created due to modern advancements i.e. back and eye problems from sitting at the computer too much with bad posture or super viruses from medication that's meant to help you but people don't take them properly.... My point is we have to keep trying and be like I WANT TO MAKE THIS PLACE A UTOPIA!!!!!!! Also, if anyone tells me off and says there's no such thing.... no, there'll never be a place where everyone is happy, but we can at least try our best to make this world better. =D
    Kk, i promise i wont add anything else omg >.<

@dom314 HOW DARE YOU!!!! Of course i have!!! i was being ironic... because you know how we were talking about people being nicer in small groups, and that, in my opinion is due to the lack of anonymity of it compared to large groups.... which makes me feel that people are nicer when they're being watched hence the 1984 reference but no one is happy and it's rather oppressive when people are being watched... basically i was trying to be stupid in saying that it would be so hard to get everyone to be nice... omg now it sounds so stupid since i have to explain it =P Ahahaha!!! Also personally, i prefer orwell's animal farm over 1984. ^^

End rant i think... tldr; i can't stop myself sometimes... i tried to cut it down as well but i just kept adding stuff so i'm stopping here. Hi ^^ Omg >.<

Edit2: Okay i promise last edit, i just realized that there were 2 religions mentioned as well as political views among a bunch of other controversial stuff, i have absolutely no intent of picking on anything/one. So if my facts are wrong or you disagree, let me know, i really really don't want to offend, esp in terms of religion if i got any of that wrong i'll change it right away. <3
    Last edited: November 4, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I could find just as many pictures of people being horrible little shites. Just sayin'.
    mered4 likes this.
  15. violetania

i realize, but i think until we teach the community a better way of thinking... i.e. not so materialistic, empathy and being less self entitled... we should take caution in what we want to push people to learn =P i mean then people might turn into the equivalent of the script kiddies that call themselves hackers =P maybe >.< ahaha

edit: that previous post was 1104 words.... this is probably why i delete all my posts before i post them.... on a more urging note.... why aren't my uni reports that easy to write??? *facepalm*
    Last edited: November 4, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

I could write a 10 000 word post on this topic...... but I really cbf :)
  17. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I think it's because conditions continuously improve (though there's the obvious occasional lapse) and so each generation has it better than the next.

The internet has made it much easier to show the worst side of humanity, but it's not new, it's just more visible. The stuff that people kept a secret in tight-knit communities is now open to the world with the click of a button.

I also get the feeling we're breeding a new generation of entitled people, but i think that's only a temporary thing that will soon correct itself.
    stuart98 and mered4 like this.
  18. violetania

I've have my differences with maybe 1 or 2 people in this community but i just have to say... YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Preaching time. tl;dr at the bottom.

Also i'm don't have anything against smokers and i hope this doesn't offend because i don't mean to. >.<

Trolling is like smoking... if you do it away from people who don't want to troll or be trolled that's fine, but as soon as you bring it to them, you hurt them.... like second hand smoking? If they tell you to stop and you don't, you're hurting them even more.
    Not only this but i feel like trolling destroys a persons faith in humanity, and all things kind and good. So therefore you've pretty much taken away a persons hope and made them bitter... maybe a little bit like cancer?...

I know most of you don't do it but i feel like people need to do more, we should be saying hey, NO! go to the naughty corner!!! I mean how hard is it to just be nice??????????????? ARGH!!!!!!!!!! People hurt people, and eventually those people will have had enough of being hurt and maybe hurt someone else and you know... cycle?

and if you think about it, you are leaving behind this toxicity, do you want to end up telling your children and other people that they have to harden up because you or a bunch of people thought making fun at someone elses expense was okay or because people just thought bullying was a joke? No means no, in every aspect of life. I will stop.

Tl;dr... Be nice to people, make their day, don't ruin it ^^
    My favourite quote: Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic. <3

Anyways, thought this was relevant because this topic is about faith in humanity.... and we must all do our bit to preserve it!
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

cdrkf and violetania like this.
  20. violetania

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! <3 omg that makes me happy =3 It's adorable!!! *likes x 10000000000000*
    edit: also quadcopters are cool =3 (sorry i stalked you a little, couldn't help it =3)
    maxpowerz likes this.
  21. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

It hurt my back like all hell for 3 days after.. But, i'd do it again without hesitation!
    Somethings are worth doing, Even when the only gain is a "Good feeling for doing the right thing" and a crap load of back pain.
    cdrkf and violetania like this.