The Uber Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Hildogen, March 30, 2010.

1. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Re: The Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Some games on PC have auto-aim or aim-assist but not many.

I hate the type of aim assist where your crosshair moves with the player your looking at, Its really annoying when you miss a shot while sniping because the aim assist pushed your crosshair into a wall or something just because your enemy makes a sudden movement.
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I've team killed because I was aiming at an enemy, had another enemy run across my screen, my view pulled as I fired and killed an ally across the map.

That's a rarity though.

(This did not happen in MNC)
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

There's actually a lot more to aim assist than just having your input slow down when you are aiming at an enemy. It's actually quite a sophisticated problem to solve well and there are typically multiple phases involved. Slowing down is only one of the things most games do for this...
  4. TheJustinIsALie

Well there are three types of aim assist that come to mind(Any one that has played Halo:CE should have experienced them)

1.Bullet magnetism: This is the name of the aim assist that makes your bullets fire in the direction of an enemy. A rare few games use this but I don't mind if they do because it would help anyone.This video shows it off in Halo:CE

2.Slowdown: This is when the crosshair slows down while over an enemy, Its fine if its put into a game because it would help alittle on people that have trouble aiming.

3.Sticky: This is the worst possible aim assist, If there is anything all gamers would agree about its not using this aim assist (especially on snipers) This is where your screen will move without you telling it to when an enemy move in front of your crosshair.This video shows slowdown and sticky in MW2(The vid poster even complains about it stuffing up his sniper shots)
  5. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

just wondering if the Support character's primary gun the "healgun" can that still shoot, hurt and kill enemy's and bots?
  6. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Oh yes, and once UberEnt has me playtest MNC I'll explain further.

Thats a not-so-subtle request for a playtest, Uber. FYI. ;)
  7. XxXMullin13XxX

lol that would be lethal though
  8. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Yes, we call it the Heal/Hurt Gun, alternate fire sucks health from enemies and returns it to the Support.
  9. XxXMullin13XxX

I like that i am definatly being the support then. thats what I love about this game once you think youve heard it all it tells you another cool point about it
  10. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I hope he doesn't sparkle...
  11. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Maybe we can start getting some "Introducing the [insert class]" videos when we're closer to release date (Which I'm still saying is July 6, 2010).

I'd also like to see more videos about the addons we can get for weapons. (Ammo Mule was the 1st one I watched)
  12. XxXMullin13XxX

What i want 2 knnow is what the skills are for each class i hope they update the website soon so we can see them
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

They're still tweaking it, as far as I know. Watch the videos, they give a good general idea of what skills you can get.
  14. XxXMullin13XxX

Ya i want to know what exactly what achillees does because youre achilees is around your foot area (i think) but it seems its something about longer vision or something
  15. XxXMullin13XxX

Can anyone tell me what career does and what is a pro-tag is it like callsigns

Also in response to my earlier question (about the support and his healgun) what would happen if 2 supports suck the health out of each other that it would look pretty funny
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

This actually happens quite a bit in the game. The key is to get some damage on the other player first so they drain out first. Turret support makes a huge difference in this case.
  17. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Speaking of turrets, they are weaker as in Demigod or LoL it seems but you can rebuild them, right? If you have a weak turret can you just upgrade it or does it have to be destroyed first?
  18. TheJustinIsALie

So the Supports are too clueless to pull out the shotgun?

Shotgun has to be stronger than the Healgun.
  19. XxXMullin13XxX

Ya but whoever does pull it out first they are going to be at a disadvantage because then the other guy can just suck health from him to replace the ones that he lost from the shotgun

And nobody answered my earlier uestion which is
    Can anyone tell me what career does? and what is a pro-tag is it like callsigns?
  20. TheJustinIsALie

Pro tags are like the titles from COD:MW2 (If you have played it) But I think MNC ones are more customizable but I'm not sure.