The Uber Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Hildogen, March 30, 2010.

1. vintoks

vintoks Member

I noticed today Bullseye's color scheme was different, was this changed for the holidays?
  2. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

YUP! :cool:
  3. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

PUY. PIE.
  4. sokoto

sokoto New Member

If you are playing support and hack more then 1 turret, does the time your turrets remain hacked decrease?
  5. F5in

F5in New Member

Nope.
  6. Time4Science

Time4Science New Member

Did you guys record any videos of the guy who does Mickey Cantor's voice during VA sessions?

If so, could you upload them?
  7. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Yeah, that would be ahh-sum.
  8. DDM

DDM New Member

Is there a blog that goes over all the (possibly hundreds) of "failed" weapons and abilities. I really would enjoy reading some of that stuff and what those things did. If not could Uber please post a couple of them every now and then.
  9. teapot

teapot Post Master General

What was your inspiration for this game? Obviously TF2 comes to mind here but it seems like part Whacked! too. Mikey Cantor reminds me too much of Van Tastic. The odd product names are remind me of the odd product names in Whacked. Loading screens etc.

I'd love to find out that someone who worked on Whacked! went on to this.
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Never heard of Whacked! Most of our inspiration for the gameplay was marrying DOTA with a shooter set in a light hearted sports metaphor. That's where we started and from there we threw in a bunch of stuff we liked. Stuff like Judge Dredd, Wall-E, Idiocracy, Incredibles, 1984, Robocop, Starship Troopers, and A-Team.
  11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

The gameplay isn't similar to Whacked! in the slightest bit, but the whole Mickey Cantors roll reminds me of the host. You have products relating to the game as sponsors. Clips or audio showing the products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKjCjh47oyQ&feature=related

That is all the "commercials" in the game whacked. Some are random/funny but some relate to either hidden things in the game or actual weapons. Major Woody's Spank Tank.. Grandma Bettys Old Fashioned accuracy elixir.. It just seems pretty similar to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAP1QA3rT_A

Watch from 51 seconds to 1:37. He's practically the main character ( Van Tastic ) and is the only one who progresses the storyline. He almost sounds like Mickey Cantor too. theres barely any other videos of him that I can find that aren't the full 10 minute clips of all the cut scenes.

Am I the only one who see's this? Personally whacked! was one of my favorite games and so is MNC. Completely different games, but have the same feel kind of.
  12. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Funny, because that's how I've always imagined what Mickey Cantor actually looks like.
  13. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Why don't Ejector ringouts count for Ejector kills? Kinda pisses me off.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Because they died by the ring-out not by the Ejector directly. You can ask the same question for any attack that pushes the enemy back and gets a ring-out. They die from the fall not the attack.
  15. Merveilleux

Merveilleux New Member

I imagine him as the guy in Ratchet: Deadlocked. The announcer, I don't know his name, but he's always talking to "Juanita" and i remember one line he says, something like "another great move by the Lombax".
  16. Efr0n

Efr0n New Member

What exactly is it the supports level 2 passive upgrade does? Adds bot support aura I believe it says on the skill upgrade-screen.

Obviously it makes the bots you heal better in some way, but how exactly?
  17. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

I know the shoot faster
  18. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

As far as I can tell, it gives nearby bots roughly a 30% health boost, allowing them to take more damage before going down.
  19. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

20. F5in

F5in New Member

When it says better health recovery does it mean HE heals OTHER things faster or his own health regen speed is upped a bit? For some reason whenever I get it it seems like I can heal stiff noticeably faster but I can't tell if it's actually happening or I'm just thinking it is.