The Uber Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Hildogen, March 30, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Re: The Unofficial Official Q&A Thread

That's a good compromise I suppose.

That's good to know! But what happens if you go straight into a grapple? In Fallout 3, one of my friends continually jumped off Tenpenny Tower and tried to kill a man down below before he fell to his death. Just before he hit the ground he would go into VATS and attempt to kill the man. If he shot him and killed him he would continue to fall with his current momentum and die upon hitting the ground. However, he once managed to melee kill him and was standing next to the body on the ground with no damage taken upon exiting VATS. Crazy huh?
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yes, I know. But HOW? HOW do you know that all of them are correct except the last two? Show your sources! For each one!

And I want it handwritten too!
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

And notarized.
  4. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

It's a secret...
  5. Emessai

Emessai New Member

I have a BUNCH of questions...

1. Can you buy a class change?

2. I noted you can have more than one of each class per team, however, are there any limits to that?

3. Can a team vote for a class to be mandatory in their team make up? Say, if four players have chosen, and there's no medic or gunner, can the team say "WE NEED DEFENSE PLOX" and force a vote?

4. If not, how do you plan to moderate class-related issues with team building caused by not being able to change class in game if you can't?

5. Can we vote for team colors? I like orange vs. blue, but just think about green versus purple! **** just got crazy.

6. The guy at E3 told me (Oh, yea, went to E3, I love your game, hence the questions) there will be avatar awards. Will it just be shirts? Can I have Assault armor? :O

7. I love Smash TV, did that game inspire you at all in the conception of the "game show" aspect of MNC? If so that wouldn't be a bad thing, I'm merely curious as you use the phrase "Big money! Big prizes!!" and it brings back fond memories.

8. I love the comedy style of the various videos, how does that integrate into the actual gameplay? I hear the characters seem to say things from time to time. Will there be like commercials for you if you get an endorsement? That'd be awesome.

9. Final question. Can I build a team outside of matchmaking (it's matchmaking, right?) before jumping into a game? I'm not a fan of having to hope everytime I want my whole party in the game.

PHEW! Done... If there are any repeats, just say "this has been answered already" and I'll go find it.
  6. TheJustinIsALie

1. You can change your class at anytime for free.

2. I don't think there are limits, Limits are awful. It's really annoying not to be able to change to your favorite class. All classes look equally useful to me so I don't think there will be "to many of the same class" problems.

3. Arcade games are suppose to be pick up and play games, So being forced to play a class you don't want to be will be no fun. (I believe the bots are fill ins for the "useless" people on your team, You will always have bots walking around so stay with them if your team is not helpful)

4. You can change your class anytime if you are waiting to respawn, If your are still alive I assume changing class will result in a forced death and you will respawn back at base as your picked class.

5. Currently the only team colors are orange vs blue with no plans of other color teams being added.

6. Usually avatar awards are secret until release.

9. Yeah you can make teams and partys with friends in the lobby before going into games, It's matchmaking.
  7. Emessai

Emessai New Member

1. Awesome.

2. Well I'm not so sure about that, as each class does indeed have an intended purpose, the over saturation of which I'd imagine would not be favorable to the match's success. But hopefully that will be managed by the players.

9. Are you saying that because you know it, or because it simply makes sense?

And a follow up question:

1. What happens when I change classes then? Do I lose my level ups in the class I've leveled up in already? Do they transfer to the same levels of the corresponding skills for the new classes? Do I lose those upgrades everytime I die?

You can separate those if necessary. :D
  8. TheJustinIsALie

9. Matchmaking is confirmed, And private games are confirmed. All matchmaking games have a standard create a team lobby. But yeah I'm assuming but I'm sure the devs added it because they throw the term "Online Co-op" around alot and if you could not make teams that would be impossible.

1. When you purchase a level up for a certain class it is permanent for the rest of the match, So if you buy an Assault level up it will be still there if you die or change class. But buying level ups for one class doesn't buy it for all classes, You have to purchase them individually (Thats why it's best to chose a class to stay with the whole match, So you can build them up) It's unlikely you will get enough money to purchase all level ups for all classes.
  9. Emessai

Emessai New Member

Beautiful! Well I'm sold. Or. Sold, but also more reassured. Thanks.
  10. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Emessai: A more definitive answer for #5.
    The team colors for players are only ever International Orange and Azure.

We spent a good deal of time experimenting with team colors. The game was play tested for quite a long time while using custom jersey colors. A whole system was built to deal with this, with home and away colors combinations, just like real sports teams have. Even so we'd often run in to issues with team colors that were a little too similar; how do you tell which team a Green, Black, and Grey Assault standing in the sun is vs a White, Navy Blue, and Green Assassin standing in the shadows? In real life sports every player is wearing a nearly identical jersey in a well lit field and have roughly the same body shape. Because of this, basic changes in the pattern of the jersey coloring make it possible to tell one team apart from another even if the colors used are the same.

For MNC each class's size and shape are so radically different that team color patterns aren't immediately discernible if both share a similar color. Instead of trying to homogenize the classes to facilitate similar team colorings, we decided it was far more important to keep the classes recognizable and the team colors as disparate as possible. This is why we chose the complementary colors of slightly greenish blue azure and mildly redish orange international orange instead of the usual red vs blue nearly every game chooses. We did almost use purple and yellow, but decided against it. That sh*t was too crazy.

In Blitz player colors don't matter as much as any player is obviously on your team, so we had planned to bring the feature back for that. Ultimately the feature was cut due to time constraints. Even so, the basics of the jersey system survived to color the fodder during Blitz. If you watch the Blitz trailer you might notice the fodder aren't colored just the usual team coloring...
  11. TheJustinIsALie

Yup, I saw a pink Jack Bot. I was thinking maybe it was like a Valentines event kinda like the St Patrick's day Mascot but it's cool that they just come in different colors.

Do different color fodder have different attributes like extra speed or extra strength or is it just a visual change only?
  12. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

A little bit off topic now but will there be any sort of leaderboards like kill to death ratio???? I really hope there isn't any that shows k/d for crossfire but I don't mind about blitz mode
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

WHEN IS THE RELEASE DATE?!

14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Monday Night Combat's official release date is ...

*drum roll*

What Microsoft announces it to be, when they announce it. Right now all we can say is it'll be part of Summer of Arcade, cost 1200 points, and more info about Summer of Arcade is coming in July.

I can also guarantee it'll be out before 2011.

We totally understand everyone's frustration with the lack of a release date, everyone here at Uber are gamers too. I'd love to be able to tell everyone when the game is being released, but the simple truth is that it's up to Microsoft. You might be surprised how tight lipped MS is with this info even when talking to us.

Heck, it almost seemed like they couldn't decide if they wanted people to know about Summer of Arcade during the MS Keynote, that's how super secret that info is!
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Oh I see. So when's the release date, again?

:shock:

Scathis and I have sort of an unwritten agreement, I constantly nag about the release date, and he doesnt ban me from playing because I'm an annoying bastard. I know it'll be announced shortly, but I like to tease.
  16. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

I vote sm1tty be banned for the first 24 hours the game is out. :shock:
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I vote that you all stink.

I'm kidding. What I DO vote for is for everybody who's been largely active on this forum for a while should all get MNC tags next to their gamertag while playing for no apparent reason whatsoever. It's GENIUS!
  18. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

as much publicity as I'm throwing at this game, I'm surprised they havent hired me on yet!
  19. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Sadly, we don't have enough money to hire someone as talented as likes of you, Sm1tty. Maybe if you were spreading the word about our game better we will sell enough copies to afford you in the future.
  20. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Tuesday Night (june 22), 9pm est www.allgames.com -- I'm guest-hosting the VGO Podcast. Listen in (and join the chat!) and you'll hear my praise.

I'm also giving out a few xbox 360 games...so listen in!