The sorian PA AI thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, December 23, 2014.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

HaveSeenEnemyUnits is per planet.

I will look into CanAffordBuildDemand.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

@Quitch Is it possible the AI had fabbers en-route to build or assist somewhere? The AI does take that into account. 17k energy gets eaten up by advanced fabbers pretty quickly.
    Quitch likes this.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Does it account for distance between the fabber and where it's going when running that check? If it was still filling storage I could understand, but if it can build the unit then replenish storage in the time it takes for it to arrive seems like a worthwhile situation to account for.

I might try checks where it builds on excess eco and storage is full without looking at whether it can afford it and see how it goes.

Clearly going to have to start running the maths on how much energy it needs for its fabber army, though it seems to be permanently floating. I think it's hugely overoptimistic about how many of those fabbers will be working at the same time :)
    Last edited: August 5, 2015
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I made a change that should help.

No, it does not account for the distance left to travel. Would be nice, but not easy to do.
    Quitch likes this.
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Why would that be hard? Don't you have access to the potential field? Or is that discarded after the vector field has been computed?

Sure, that's still inaccurate as the command chain may also contain construction commands which are less trivial to estimate. But for pure movement cost, the potential divided by movement speed should be a rather accurate estimation, especially given the instant acceleration.
  6. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Nope, the field is gone by that time.
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I wonder why...
    After all, keeping the potential field would also allow for much faster recalculation of the vector field for moving targets on planets with non-trivial topology. So discarding it doesn't really sound like a reasonable choice.

Never mind. What I had in mind isn't applicable to PA, that was for recomputations when obstacles change, not when the target moves. So discarding that field actually is reasonable - unless you ever want to be able to give any ETA estimations or alike.
    Last edited: August 7, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. Quitch

Any chance of an IsAsteroid check? Would be nice to have some special behaviour for the specific conditions you know will exist.
  9. Quitch

I've just noticed the AI sends orbital units between planets in TITANS. Sorian, you sneaky devil :)
    stuart98, devoh and Remy561 like this.
  10. whisperr

whisperr Member

I was playing against absurd AI and was defeated because AI built ragnarok and destroyed the planet. But it also destroyed itself. AI had teleporters to other planets but commander never went there. Is this a known bug?

@Sorian
  11. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

I think that AI don't know how to use titans properly.
  12. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

It actually sounds realistic and should probably keep it. An AI will do anything to achieve victory even killing itself! :) Just watch TERMINATOR!
    stuart98, devoh and philoscience like this.
  13. whisperr

whisperr Member

No, it's not victory anymore. It was a draw. I was happy about that because I didn't lost the game :D
    stuart98 and devoh like this.
  14. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Guess we can move this thread over to Titans? Or is there a new one already? :)
  15. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Known issue. Just didn't have time before launch to set that up.
    stuart98, doctormod, whisperr and 3 others like this.
  16. Quitch

Omgeas need to prioritise Umbrellas over all other targets.
  17. Quitch

The Typhoon doesn't appear to launch anything until it reaches its target, no matter how many other units come into range on the way. Not sure if this is an AI or unit issue.