The Realm

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by cwarner7264, October 8, 2013.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Intro

The Realm is a fully international multi-gaming community which started its online presence in November 2012. The group was formerly the construct of a bunch of bored college students who played games together. However, this changed with the group's foray into the MMOFPS Planetside 2. They found that numbers mattered in a game of such a scale, and began looking for others to play alongside them.
    The Realm continued to grow over a number of months as a Planetside-2-centric community, but eventually it was found that a lot of people were playing other games with their friends from Planetside 2, and so the logical decision was made to turn the community into a full multi-gaming community.
    Now, we have a significant presence in a number of games, and our loyal members are establishing branches in new games regularly.

About Us

We try to maintain a very relaxed environment for our members. We do not impose any arbitrary activity requirements, skill thresholds, or age restrictions. We have members as young as 13 and as old as 54, who all get along famously.
    Don't be fooled by the '.co.uk' web address either. We have members from all around the world, including Europe, America and Oceania, enabling us to maintain a 24-hour presence which can indeed be extremely helpful in some situations.
    We cater for absolutely all skill levels, and members have the opportunity to kick back for casual games or work together to hone their competitive skills, or indeed just sit and chat for hours on end.

Perks of Membership

There are lots of clans and communities out there. Why should you want to be a part of ours? We like to think we've got a fairly unique thing going on here, and perks of membership include:
    • Fighting alongside us in the upcoming Galactic War. We are able to wage war 24 hours a day, and hope to be very active in this aspect of PA.
    • Access to our 24-hour Teamspeak 3 server, on which you'll find a friendly, diverse bunch of people to play just about any game with.
    • Full access to our online forums, which have recently been relaunched and include some fantastic social facilities. This includes private areas not readable by the public.
    • The chance to try out your journalistic prowess - we've recently added a news feed to our new website which ensure that our members' fingers are kept on the pulse for games, deals and technology.
    • The ability to contribute to and be featured on our YouTube channel. We have over 1,000 subscribers and welcome video submissions to the channel from all our members on any game.
    • Having videos from your personal YouTube channel featured on our website. Our hardworking web developer is looking to add this feature in the coming weeks. We average about 75,000 hits to our site per month, so that's a fair bit of potential traffic!
    • Cloud storage. This is in beta at the moment, but we are working on a facility to allow all our members to easily share files and media via the website.
    • Very exciting prospects for the PA modding community. As part of our cloud storage system, we are looking at a git-style version control system which should allow multiple people to collaborate on mods with ease. We already have a number of very competent and experienced modders, programmers, modellers, musicians and all sorts on board.
    • Being part of a well-organised, relaxed, welcoming group of people who are here to have fun and enjoy our hobby together.
    How to Join Us

Go to our website and click the "Apply to the Realm" button in the top-right corner - the site will prompt you from there!

See Also:
    Last edited: November 5, 2014
  2. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Can I join? :p
    Zaphodx is your greatest form of recruitment. I even like his channel. :)
  3. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your official recruitment thread. I was wondering when you guys would get one up.
    archcommander likes this.
  4. cwarner7264

Well, I did send out a round of invitations a while ago. Since then we've had a fairly steady influx of new players so we haven't really needed a recruitment thread. But since Brad, in his infinite wisdom, decided to give clans and communities their own little section, I thought we'd me remiss not to have a presence.
    archcommander likes this.
  5. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

First off, I'm surprised that you had one in the Backers Lounge and that you were still getting people from it even though the last post was in June.

However this LFC forum was actually asked by a bunch of us clan people so that we'd have a clear area for clans to be chosen from and to choose. Brad simply gave it the official Okeydokey and made it happen.

But good to have you guys aboard regardless.
  6. cwarner7264

Oh no we weren't getting people from that post, apologies for the ambiguous wording. We've had people coming from other sources in the meantime and people who've seen our presence on the forums.

And I do spend enough time on the forums to have seen the request thread :p
  7. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

Realy nice looking homepage and you have a great caster as member.
    squishypon3 and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I agree as does BL although Zaphodx is very popular.
  9. diskawrs

diskawrs Member

If there is any reason to join "The Realm" here is most definately one
    mot9001 and cwarner7264 like this.
  10. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

There does tend to be a few Realm members around :) & plenty of people casting either to youtube or twitch.
  11. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

We're everywhere, even when we're not.
    archcommander and cwarner7264 like this.
  12. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

... we're in you closet, we're in you're food..... we've got your gravy..... we in the trash bin... we're in you're mother....

JOIN USSSSSssssssss....

We got cookies and good times.
  13. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

And you'll get your daily dose of vitamin 'Nanolathe' too!
  14. Korus

Korus New Member

Hi,

I'm the guy that does the web stuff for The Realm. It was brought to my attention that there were issues registering to the site last night, some conflicting back-end stuff. This is now fixed, so if you tried registering and it failed please try again.

Thanks,

Korus.
  15. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

I would like to join The Realm, I have tried the links but they aren't working are they down? Thank you!
  16. cwarner7264

Yeah, the website is down at the moment as we're in the process of changing hosts! I'll send you a PM with relevant details.
  17. Korus

Korus New Member

Hi,

Apologies, the website is undergoing a change of server at the moment as the old hosts were a bit rubbish... Also, we had a corrupted database table somewhere giving us some grief, so I've done a bit of a cleanup.

For this reason, the website has been temporarily down. It is available at a different URL while our usual one propagates again, it can be found here: the-realm-gaming.co.uk

As soon as the usual URL is back up and running, it will link through as normal. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and I hope to see you with us soon.

Korus.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

Website is now back up and running - as you were, boys and girls!
    arbitraryranger likes this.
  19. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I saw you guys in the lobby the other day, in a 6 player game. Hope you found the lastplayer!
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Okay. I notice you guys have a monopoly thing going on here of the most useful PA people, and I don't like monopolies, and I don't live up all the way to those guy's name either...
    ...But hey, that's why I have Comcast, because I like things that work well and it wasn't like there were very many options.

So it would be rather nice to join a PA clan. Being totally honest, since you used perks of membership as a selling point, I rather liked those as well. So being my partial desire to have a go-to group of PA players, my ability to contribute something as a member but nothing as good as most others, and my interests in those membership perks...
    ...Ill start signing up now. Worse that could happen is I fail vetting lol.
    stuart98 and cwarner7264 like this.