The REAL Leaderboards

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by devorax, August 13, 2010.

1. SuperEvilDOOM

SuperEvilDOOM New Member

I really think they should just remove global leaderboards from games altogether. I don't know why it's become such a standardized feature because all it does is inadvertently get people to hack, boost, find exploits, and take the game far too seriously. There should just be leaderboards for people to see their rank among friends who play the game.

But it's cool to know the legit people from this forum are up there. Nice work.
  2. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

I personally don't care about KDA but in Lifetime Earnings, I should be second to Shadow.

Right...like he beat shadow in kills. I call bullshit.

ya I'll be dropping down soon. I have to get off to finish up a project and then schools coming back around soon, so it probably won't last.
  3. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Oh bloody Hell, children.

Seriously?

Are you really all arguing over who should be where on a computerised leaderboard? Just play the game and have fun.

No-one really cares what place you are, as long as you have fun in the game. So please, stop whining.
  4. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

AHAHAHAHAHAH! ASpence is legit, keep whining about how he toped everyone in kills on the leaderboard. If you played with us you'd see he is.
  5. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

He didn't specify which leaderboard. I doubt all of his kills are legit, but it doesn't matter because this game isn't all about kills. This isn't deathmatch. The game is all about money, money, endorsements, bacon, and more money.
  6. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

he's also pretty high in wins and cash too, but kills is his specialty :p

If I didn't eat or sleep I'd be higher too. D:
  7. CTG iRandom

CTG iRandom New Member

touche'
  8. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

i didnt know one person spoke for the genral public. i wish i could do that.

back on topic.

uhh, private crossfire matches dont count towards leaderboard rank do they?
  9. devorax

devorax Member

Unfortunately they do.

And yea I'm definitely going to be losing my spots on the leader boards very soon.

I enjoy sleep
  10. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

lol @ megalame thread.

Comparing johns at the watering hole,
    same thing.

It's awesome that you had access to the game before most players, but I doubt you're 'The Best'. And proclaiming such just makes you look like a tool.

I agree that the hackers are kinda lame, but November is coming up and that means banwave.
  11. devorax

devorax Member

I lol'd
  12. sn0wy0bject

sn0wy0bject New Member

i agree. i wish i could have a bot play for me so i wouldnt lose my place...
  13. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

QFT
    Last edited: August 13, 2010
  14. devorax

devorax Member

Or at least attempted to quote. :|

edit: there ya go, you figured it out
    Last edited: August 14, 2010
  15. Deten

Deten New Member

All of my wins are legit from public Crossfire, I'm currently 3rd on wins with 178, L3G1T II SK1LLZ is private boosting, he went from less than 150 to 174 in less than an hour.
  16. BlueZebra

BlueZebra New Member

Actually, winning 24 games in an hour legitly is possible if you don't have any problems connecting each game tbh.
  17. Deten

Deten New Member

whens the last time you havent had a problem with connecting in 1 hour
  18. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Microsoft likes to ban in waves (and they don't do so frequently enough.) So people can hack and continue to play for a pretty decent length of time. That's why the leader boards for almost every game are filled with hackers.
  19. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

LOL thats great! You do realize they dont update in real time right? GG brah. Haha and my average game time is about 2-3 minutes.
  20. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

To no one in particular: don't expect to be on the top of all the leaderboards. For someone running with a few friends winning games in a few minutes and making quick earnings, you're not going to be on the top of the kill leaderboard. There's other players like myself that average game lengths beyond 10 minutes and are getting way more kills per minute rather than earnings/wins. Just something to keep in mind, if you see players at the top of the kill leaderboard, they're probably playing Assault/Gunner/Tank aggressively and not winning as many matches. Doesn't mean players like that are in private matches, they're just not pubstomping with a few friends. For example, been in top 10 for kills for a while, but staying in top 50 earnings and top 100 wins is a lot more difficult.

As far as 20+ wins in an hour, definitely possible for a few players that know what they're doing and are going for wins.