The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. Devak

Devak Post Master General

From Oxford dictionary:
    Censorship:
    The suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security:

Keep in mind that censorship happens all the time, and is acceptable and desireable under reasons 1 and 3. Censorship in the context of the discussion is the second form: suppressing opinions that are politically inconvenient (IE what happens in Russia and Turkey).

A newspaper deciding not to run a story, isn't censorship. A newspaper having political bias one way or the other isn't censorship. (on the fairly obvious conditions that there are other freely accessible newspapers around and that the decision is made by the newspaper itself, not imposed by the government via law or other threats).

On the other hand, what Trump's doing with his spat about Libel Laws and his twitter rants reeks of and is going in the direction of censorship: Any inconvenient opinion (IE towards his restaurants) results in a presidential twitter rant. He already wanted an investigation in the Department of Energy for inconvenient facts on Global warming. It may not be happening right now, but it doesn't need a big push before Trump starts harsh censoring of inconvenient facts and news.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

okay that's one of the definitions of censorship but not the one we were talking about.

google "totalitarian censorship"
  3. tatsujb

alright time to bump this thread for no real valid reason other than I felt like it when I saw this : have some lol

Modern day romeo and juliet
    [​IMG]
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

New Year, but make no mistake, same old Tatsujb, eh?
  5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

When I was hiking through New Hampshire the number of confederate flags I saw in town baffled me. There are no towns in Maine but I saw some on trucks.

Virginia, a southern state, had none that I saw outside historical landmarks.

My views of the various regional US political climates have been crushed.
  6. tatsujb

holy sheet man it's a joke. laugh a little
    thetrophysystem and tunsel11 like this.
  7. thetrophysystem

[​IMG]
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It's more of a rural thing than a southern thing.
    tatsujb likes this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

True that, saw it all over Indiana where I used to live a small town. Now living in Lousiana and see it too but you'll never really see it in Bossier or anything except as stamps on cars. It just happens a lot of Southern states have pretty large rural areas due to the farming nature, but that's changing more and more every year.
    tatsujb likes this.
  10. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Ethics lol.

I'm sorry, you're not getting anything more from me on that.
    cdrkf, stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  11. Gorbles

12. thetrophysystem

[​IMG]
    cola_colin likes this.
  13. thetrophysystem

...but to be honest, people are being really stingy with politics lately, but it's not like effort isn't being put in both ways. It'd be nice to see what actual policies are.
  14. Gorbles

You didn't get any more than me on that. Until new news came out, that was new, that people deserved to know.

Are you really reduced to really bad Internet memes? Is that where we're at?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  16. mered4

Don't screw with them memes man.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  17. tatsujb

this is the thing that you just don't seem to get :

this relentless exercise you have of putting people in groups may well be a lifestyle choice for you but that doesn't mean there doesn't exist ways of being, ways of thinking that exist outside of that.

I don't fuking care about what other people did. point is I don't identify with them nor do I agree with their actions. You can't make me and a whole political party adorn the mantle of blame for them.

If I were to do the same to you (and I think you've failed to get the message there in the past) I'd call you a racist for supporting a man who embraces KKK support, get it?

Us 'libtards' (if you really don't understand unless I too am stigmatizing and putting in 'groups', in 'boxes') prefer laughter over political belonging. We love to just throw irony into the wheels of indoctrinated hotheads cause humor makes the helplessness of watching history repeat itself more bearable... and sometimes we get an awakening or two out of it. And that's REALLY something to motivate it all.
    really we don't. that's the thing you don't get : we INDIVIDUALLY are frightened by the right because we don't have that group belonging drive. we couldn't give a shiit about "righteousness" or "the cause" or "the enemy" we don't give a fucck about each other that's why we don't identify with each other nor as a "group".

but we'll let ourselves be labeled if it helps at all for people to understand our message.

basically all we want is for people to stop sticking their nose in other people's business and not gas chamber dudes because you somehow managed to put them in the same box in your head even though they're completely different people with different origins and personalities and backgrounds and could have had more in common with the Aryan than the other people in that box.

common examples : if two dudes like fuking each other what business of yours is it?(I think this is the kinda basic stuff you meet me on)
    if a dude isn't the same color skin or sex as you what business of yours is it?

and by not your business I mean you're not gonna intervene at any level of their life so long as they don't endanger you (and I'm not gonna use the words "or otherwise threaten in any way" here because some pusy might find it in their sad pathetic heart to claim they're "threatened" by a man marrying another man).

that' means not legally barring their right to an abortion... sex change... protection from abusive partner... legal protection over childhood... all that

and not diss science.

you see?

just basic stuff I'm sure noone here would disagree with.
    [​IMG]

nononono

you try that shiit on someone else not on me.

There's human decency and then there's Trump.

Trump Litterally denounces and endangers all of the things I listed above.

you want video proof?

plus you don't get to chant "build that wall" "deport the mexicans" "deport the arabs" "concentration camp muslims" raise your right hand and promise to vote for him when he ASKS it of you and than walk away feeling all light-conscienced and not racist at all.

I'm not saying you gotta man up to your shiit and even go big or go home. no definitely not.

I'm saying it's natural (and somewhat reassuring) to see people be offended by the label racist (and it be better if it was taken aback rather than offended because then the immediate reaction wouldn't be anger and a sudden stroke of consciousness maybe even a realization would actually be an option).
    tunsel11 likes this.
  18. arseface

arseface Post Master General

How old are the posts you're responding to? I went back like 3 pages and didn't see them.
  19. tatsujb

less than a day. they got taken down from "youtube" thread. unfortunately i could only salvage the parts of trophy's posts that were within mine. : /
    tunsel11 likes this.
  20. mered4

I do want proof. Because I've been using trump source videos with his full statements to convince former Hillary supporters that he is an alright guy for months. Still can't see where he was racist in any of them. And don't pull a single soundbyte. You pull the entire. *******. Segment.