The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I take action as a form of doing, not thinking. Trump is a very strong figure and he has a lot of experience to go along with it. America is essentially just a big business after all. When Obama pulled troops out of the middle east did you notice a slight increase in terrorist activity?

[​IMG]

Doesn't seem like that was a good idea. Maybe Trump has a stronger idea:

“I will...quickly and decisively bomb the hell out of ISIS, will rebuild our military and make it so strong no one -- and I mean, no one -- will mess with us.”
    Last edited by a moderator: February 3, 2016
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yes. people no longer know that they are not synonyms and have very different origins and current meanings.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I'm pretty sure terrorism deaths compared to just normal american gun violence is peanuts.
    Or just traffic deaths.

Maybe bombing cars will help save more deaths.

I don't know Bernie seems the only sensible to me. The whole scaring people of muslims just seem a way to get easy votes and not talk about the real issues.

America is weird.
    - super high student loans
    - bad health-care insurance
    - ridiculous gun laws
    - high inequality
    - prison system

Meh anyways I agree to disagree I guess.
    Last edited by a moderator: February 3, 2016
    tatsujb, MrTBSC and stuart98 like this.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You think that's bad? If only you knew what I first thought of when I made that imperial system quip.

The fact that the rest of the governmental system won't let Trump build Muslim concentration camps is nice and all. But wouldn't it be better to elect someone who.. you know... WOULD NEVER DREAM OF DOING SO IN THE FIRST FLUCKING PLACE!?
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Oh no, especially with the stuff that now follows you're actually one of the "shoot first, ask later and don't care who you just murdered"-people?
    Do you realize that "big business" is mainly about getting as much money out of the average workers as possible and accumulate in the hands of a few people? A nation should not be about that.

Yeah. No.
    My core opinion, brought to a few radical words: I believe the US are creating waaay more terrorism than they are stopping it. I mean Bush declared "War on terrorism" in 2001? Why did it get so much worse since 2001? In their "war on terrorism" the US have thrown away any human values/rights they are supposed to stand for and probably murdered not less people than the terrorists they are fighting against. And they're still doing so.
    The things I really dislike about Obamas Presidency is the fact he neither managed to close Americas torture prisons, nor did he seem to even try to stop murderous assassination attacks that kill 1000s of people.
    I call that terrorism. By the US. No wonder people are fighting back. If you actually live in a nation were thousands of people are killed by bombs thrown from a foreign nation you might start to actually want to fight back as well.

I don't even want to go down this road of argumentation.

I directly relate statements like this to the massive crimes described above, all I feel from reading such statements is the wish to distance myself from it, combined with simple hatred.
    MrTBSC and proeleert like this.
  6. killerkiwijuice

Attacking the origin is the only way to stop terrorism, and if you don't believe me well no one has thought of a better idea. It can't be contained, in fact it's everywhere at this point. If bombing the source is crazy and innocent deaths can't be avoided then so is the "it's a natural part of war" idea which frankly is not so crazy after all. Do you think terrorism is just going to stop out of no where? If anything it's going to get worse with inaction.

I heard a ridiculous conspiracy about Islam in that Muslims are just waiting for the alien mothership to arrive at Earth and keep the remaining people as the masterrace, since they fought and won over the weaker people. Lmao now that's crazy if you ask me.
    It works for China, and China seems to be doing pretty well. Capitalism is great.
    Last edited: February 3, 2016
  7. cola_colin

The origin of the terror is largely your own bombs. Again: Imagine you see how a foreign nation constantly wages war in your home nation. What would you do? Fight back. That's the origin of terrorism.
    And yes the death of innocent people is a very natural part of war. And the death of innocent people is completely unacceptable under any circumstances to me. Violating that basic value that I believe our society is build on means to throw away the very basic of what is supposed to make us different from ISIS terrorists.
    I dunno what to say anymore, apart from the fact that I make people with your kind of political views largely responsible for the sad state of the world. They make me feel sick. My good mood is now totally ruined after thinking about such savages. Hell I feel more angry about these views than I feel about ISIS crimes. Why? In my view the pushing force behind that is the insanity your bombs created.

Some hateful part of me hopes you'll get your President Trump and he'll throw your own nation into chaos with his racism. A little "unavoidable part of war" in your own neighborhood might open your eyes. Maybe humanity as a whole really deserves a 3rd nuclear world war.

</rage>
    MrTBSC, tunsel11 and tatsujb like this.
  8. tatsujb

this pretty much summarizes the whole reason you're in this terrible conundrum of not being aware of the joke being played on you by Trump.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

Terrorism has been going on for thousands of years. The Zealots of Judea are the earliest known terror organization, for example.

The only conundrum we're in is the following: if we stop attacking we risk getting attacked more, but if we continue attacking we have a chance at weakening terror organizations but at the same time killing innocent people. The" I'd rather not sit back and watch the story play itself out" idea is the basis of foreign involvement in the Middle East. These Muslim-killing savages are the reason why more non-Muslims have not been killed.
  10. cola_colin

So ofc you should stop killing innocent people and take the risk yourself. Doing anything else makes you no better than the terrorism you are trying to fight. Don't be a coward and accept the risk instead.

I mean you don't go around on the street and shoot everyone who looks suspicious just in case do you? Your armies tends to do that in foreign nations.

Not to mention that if you stop throwing bombs at innocent people all the time you'll see less people who go insane about that. That'll actually reduce the risk of terrorism pointing at you. Terrorism pointed at you in the end is hatred pointed at you. And a large part of that hatred is very valid as you continue to kill people.

A story of utter failure.
    MrTBSC and tunsel11 like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

So you'd rather have more non-Muslims killed and have public fear increase? What happens when people get too scared to ride a public bus to work?

This is exactly what terrorism is trying to do, strike terror.
  12. cola_colin

"non-Muslims"? "public fear"?

REALLY?
    Are you insane?

I dunno what to write. I am very tempted to just resort to much worse insults at this point.

I'd rather have republican war mongers killed. Somebody ought to bomb them. Although when I am less in rage mode I rather just have nobody killed at all. That's very possible by just not ... killing anybody.
    MrTBSC and tatsujb like this.
  13. killerkiwijuice

Did i win? I think this means i did
  14. cola_colin

It means your line of argumentation is as sound as Donald Trumps.
    MrTBSC and tatsujb like this.
  15. killerkiwijuice

It seems logical to me and I wouldn't even call my self Trump level.
  16. cola_colin

You've successfully managed to get on my person list of people I avoid in political discussions due to them not understanding left from right. Arguing with a wall has more merit.

I am out of here. I hope you'll never have to see why you're wrong.
    MrTBSC, tatsujb and tunsel11 like this.
  17. killerkiwijuice

This escalated quickly, which is quite common in my experience :)
  18. tatsujb

upload_2016-2-3_20-58-41.png
    no shiit. you're a literal walking brim-filled bucket of ignorance ....i can't for the life of me fathom why people would ever get upset around you /S
    MrTBSC, stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  19. killerkiwijuice

20. tatsujb

stuart98 likes this.