The Pokemon Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by sensitivepsycho, February 28, 2011.

1. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Competitively, shed skin would be better. But ingame where kills come easy having Moxie on your side is pretty useful. I killed 3 of the Elite 4 using only my lvl 48 Scrafty.
  2. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Heh.

Anyway, I just got a Pansear from some random chick in the Dreamyard. I have no idea what it is, what it will learn and how it will evolve. AWE-SOME. It's so much fun to have absolutely no clue what your pokmanz will turn into, which is exactly why I avoided anything pokmon-related for the past year now.

I did reset my game a few times for his nature btw :D
  3. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Don't evolve him. He looks like a moron evolved.
  4. vortexcontinuum

All three monkeys look like morons evolved.

Especially the water one... *shudder*
  5. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Argh spoilers
  6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

Just found this and had to share.
    I advise opening the actual song and listening to it whilst reading. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
  7. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/memes-say-hi-to-your-mom-for-me-shes-the-fat-***-asleep-on-route.jpg
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

9. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Let's talk competitive. Volcarona (Fire/Bug) is rape, bottom line. Its only real counters are Heatran and Chandellure, but you can slap on HP Water to deal with them.

Here's my set/EVs right now.

Volcarona/Timid Nature
    Life Orb
    252 Speed EVs/252 Special Attack EVs/4 Special Defense Evs

Quiver Dance
    Hidden Power (Water)
    Fiery Dance
    Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance boosts Volca's sweeping stats even further, giving it a one stage increase in Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense. One turn to do this means that Volcarona will be hitting hard, and fast. Volca's base stats for Speed and Special Attack are 100 and 135, respectively.

Hidden Power Water is for Heatran and Chandellure, both of which wall Bug Buzz, and Fiery Dance due to their respective typings.

Fiery Dance is Volca's signature move. When used, it has a 50% chance to raise the user's special attack. Need I say more?

Bug Buzz is a 80 power bug special move. When used, it has a 10% chance of lowering the target's special defense. Once again, need I say more?
  10. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Get rocks up, have a ghost to spinblock, finish off Volcarona with a something Choice Scarfed or even a STAB Aqua Jet.

Hell, Volcarona is a beast on paper already plus it gets Quiver Dance. But 4x to Stealth Rock is not doing it any favors. I don't think you can put Volcarona on your team without having a spinner on your team and something to take care of spinblockers (Hi, my name is Jellicent and I look stupid but will do work despite that).
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  11. vortexcontinuum

Anything 4x weak to rock is doomed to fail.
  12. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

What I want is a new version of Stealth Rocks. Something to shake up the metagame so Stealth Rocks by itself isn't the 100 lbs gorilla of the room. Like a grass entry hazard (thorny vines?) or a fire entry hazard (so steel-types other than Skarmory could actually be afraid of something besides Spikes).

I realize that could just make the metagame dominated by entry hazards, but attempting to put up all these type based entry hazards is a risk in time management so one prediction of such an introduction is that teams will choose one such entry hazard.

You know, introduce more variety in hazards besides goddamn rocks.
  13. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

So I just got a Gameboy Original, and am looking at the Pokemon younger me used to use - Venasaur, Farfetch'd, Cloyster, Hypno, Machoke and a Ninetales.
  14. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

This was the real metagame back in the day. :lol:
  15. Vlane

Vlane New Member

There was no metagame in the old ones. You picked a starter and you never had to bother with anything else (except for the ones with the special abilities).
  16. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

I currently play Pokemon yellow.
  17. vortexcontinuum

Metagame: Use Mewtwo.
  18. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

If you wanted a handicap, you use Alakazam.

I can't believe people used Tauros back then in RBY though.
  19. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

My Ninetales knows "Dig" for some reason.