The PAG debacle

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by icycalm, January 18, 2015.

?

BRN vs. PAG rematch with extra icy included?

1. HELL YEAH!

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DOOOOOO THIIIIIIIIIS!

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

If my request is denied at least let me know so I can post my strategy for the match here. I'd like for something to come out of this thread even if the match I am asking for might not.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Post away, maybe next season, not going to break up your team so you can try prove a point.
  3. icycalm

Let me be clear about this. I am not breaking my team. neptunio has denied my application to join you in the other thread. I will always leave the offer on the table, but for the time being it's not happening.

All I am asking for is a friendly match. Just let me play one game with you guys. I know you can't possibly dislike me that much that you wouldn't want to play a single game with me.
    aapl2 likes this.
  4. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

I just found it horrible to see all BRN's nukes wasted on places with 5+ antinukes while the majority of the planet was not protected.. At that stage it didn't matter if it was cost efficient or not. Just nuke the metal, nuke the power, nuke the units, nuke everything. The commander will come in due time and would be a faster ending than trying to nuke the comm.
  5. icycalm

And I am not just trying "to prove a point". I would have one of the most fun times in my gaming life playing this game.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've never liked the variable orbital speeds because of this. It's sort of like the TA variable fab speeds that made the economy hard to understand.
    Schemya likes this.
  7. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Well next season is going to be weird, I joined BRN, and I am fully intending not to play, but be a kind of coach, im going to learn orbital, nuke, and other timings for everyones systems. brainstorm strats, and work with BRN players to get them all to my level and beyond. BRN has about 20+ people i think i can get to my level. atleast 80% of BRN have Platinum to Uber potential. I'm pretty much done myself with trying to improve because i think i have hit my limit on skill cap. Next Season will be if I can do anything about it BRN's season
    aapl2 and dom314 like this.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

What about alx?
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Is a troll group for lols
  10. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

this is because astraeus dont work well. A mass unit transport is needed that also can go through enemy defences.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It's headed by Gandalf, it wouldn't wake up in time.
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I don't get why people thought that was such a 'good game'. Armchair general all you want, but just know you're being nothing but annoying. And stop attacking clopse as being salty just because he speaks some truth. He was only being jovial about it in the usual clopse way - it was me being salty ok.

• Jigs are unstoppable due to uber thinking it would be 'fun' to add anti avenger explosions. No they cannot be nuked.
    • metal planet could not be invaded as it was already covered with bombers and boombots, hence it is smashed or we lose in x time due to gas giant + metal planet.
    • avenon is so small that it can be covered in umbrellas and anti nukes cost effectively in such a way so that every single point is protected by multiple ones. This instantly rules out every single invasion option, though not for lack of trying. The outsourcing of energy income to the gas planet means there is more space available to do just this. We don't have another halleyable planet which is the natural gameplay counter to this. It was just a badly designed system.
    • The result is an unattackable, uncounterable opponent with infinitely growing economy. What did you think was going to happen 50 minutes down the road because of this?
    • Who cares if one of us 'self nuked' by accident due to hotkey groups. Not like those 5 nukes could have done anything better anyway.

It's really as simple as that and i'm not going to contend these points further. You don't need to believe them, but it would be really nice if you stopped bashing pag players who are just wanting to have some fun together. Might instead be more constructive to use this example to highlight gameplay problems that need to be fixed.
    violetania, dom314, neptunio and 2 others like this.
  13. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

afaik gass giants can be nuked as I've done it multple times in the past. However it may be a bug that it issn't working anymore.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I've checked the patch notes as far back as October and there's no mention of that functionality being removed, so I'd lean towards bug.
  15. icycalm

elodea, I already told clopse that you had twice the economy of BRN for half an hour even while they held the gas giant, and you did not pump out 20 orbital factories churning out 500 avengers to swamp their gas giant. That is the number 1 thing that anyone who plays at that stage of the game would have done, and you still deny it's a cakewalk strategy that there's no way BRN would have countered. You are as much a beginner at that stage of the game as I am in 1v1s. I've done nothing than play this kind of game since August.

BRN's home system is one of the top 3 best designed multiplanet systems I've ever played in. And I have played in tons of them. I even told them in the lobby before our game started.
    aapl2 likes this.
  16. icycalm

Proof of the BRN home system's sheer awesomeness: both the top 2 most spectacular matches in the last fixture were fought on it.

Whoever designed it I salute you.
  17. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait. So what is this topic about? I'm not getting the hang of it. Can someone elaborate?
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Well basically the guy that called out the whole twitch viewer base for bad mouthing his team decided to call out PAG and make a thread for their debacle of a performance in their game with BRN.
  19. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

What's even more rich is that this very same guy thinks that all competitive players have a neurological disorder and asked yesterday to join them as their leader.
    neptunio and elodea like this.
  20. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

If these kinds of "discussions" are going to keep on becoming heated and non productive would it not be best to let these types of threads fall off without replies instead of consistently keeping them on the front page without getting much done? if someone has questions or requests for one person or a particular group or a reply to one person or a group, why not pm them or go to their fourms or teamspeak to sort it out, if it can not be sorted out then drop it and move on and if something can be worked out then come back and announce an event or something.
    elodea and g0hstreaper like this.