The official "can has PC port now?" thread

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Symmetry, March 28, 2010.

1. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

I think that having a dedicated server style like Heroes of Newerth would work really well and for something like MNC it should be used for the PC version.
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

It doesn't hurt that unreal already supports dedicated servers. We just have to test it and make sure we don't mess anything up.
  3. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Even tho I personally won't buy the PC version if one comes to be, I am completely for the port! And if for no other reason, I think Col_Jessep has put forth way too much effort to not get it now. If you guys need me to lobby Microsoft, Mr. Ballmer owes me one. :cool:
  4. blurr

blurr New Member

Any update on whether this will happen? Now that we got a rough release date for MNC on XBL, I need to know whether I should buy an xbox or wait for the PC version :D
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Thanks! :D
    Hopefully MS will not make MNC a xbox exclusive title or at least only for a few month or something. MNC will certainly do very well on Steam and it would be a shame if that opportunity was wasted by MS. Not to mention that many people who have seen the videos I posted were interested in the game. But they are all PC gamers except for one.
  6. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

ewww how dare you bring up HoN, LoL ftw!!!
  7. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

ZOMG, the only viable choice is DEMIGOD!!1!twelve!
  8. magnusrex

magnusrex New Member

lol, I like HoN more than LoL...

I brought it up because I like the way it does dedicated servers for small matches. I think it works really well and would work really well for something like a pc version of MNC.
  9. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

1. Their were no updates because FASA was broken up by Microsoft.
    2. Watch any video of any half-way decent PC player. Console players had no advantage at any range. Hell, there's a reason PC players weren't allowed in any competitive format for the game.
  10. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

1. Yeah now, But back when the game was released with the company still intact.
    2. The bullet magnetizm for xbox players give them a smaller cone of spray. They have the advantage with SMGs and Shotguns, But... it's a different story if they are a noob.

Aim assist gives them the advantage but a good PC player wont let them get close enough to use it.

The aim assist was put there to apparently make xbox players on par with the PC players, But that's for people that actually have trouble aiming on xbox which seems to be everybody nowadays.

Though PC snipers would be deadly, Any other weapons would be equal to the xbox because of the massive accuracy loss when shooting/moving etc etc.

But these are just my opinions...
  11. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I hate to say it but just make it a Steamworks game with Steam achievements and their matchmaking and I'm sure it'll sell fine.
  12. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Tell that to M$
  13. Polynomial

Microsoft is just the publisher for XBLA.
  14. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

yeah it probably just depends on what sort of deal they made
  15. Polynomial

16. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

I would love this on PC. But just as long as you don't pay special attention to either (unless its the xbox ;) )! I wonder what mods people would make...
  17. sokoto

sokoto New Member

Actually I still play Shadowrun competitively and I need to clarify a few things. Fasa Studios was similair to uber in that they responded to the community and they released updates quickly before their studios shut down. Thats the reason theres no dlc. Anyways Vista players are better then xbox players simply because computer is the superior platform for gaming. Whether they're using a controller or not they still have double the frame rate and if they are using mk they have a way faster reaction time/sensitivity and plus they lag more. I myself am a xbox player and Ive been playing for 3 years and I know that the cross platformability is an amazing feature it just isnt fair though.
  18. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

I have been following the progress of this game when i first heard of it for two months ago i think. I told some people from a clan i play with in TF2 about this game, and they just as i, was attracted to the artstyle and the humor of the game. It reminded us of the good times in TF2 and felt very familiar with what we have been playing for several years. I promise you this Uber. If you release this to the PC, i can guarantee that atleast 10 people will get it ;)