The most Overpowered class

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Coverop, April 26, 2011.

?

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?

1. Assassin

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Assault

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Tank

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Gunner

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sniper

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  6. Support

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Shift clicking from across the map doesn't really help the point against sniper being "reward for standing in one place" when you come up with arguments against me that say other classes do the exact same thing better.
  2. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Tanks Product Grenade is not the exact same thing.
    #1: It has a much longer cool-down. You can spam Sniper Rifle.
    #2: I was talking about killing Pros, not bots.
    #3: Product Grenade has no scope and it arches, and it fires from the left side. It is much more difficult to aim than a Sniper Rifle.
    #4: It wont one-hit kill anyone.
    #5: It has shorter range.

I know what you mean but TNine went on a different direction from the part of my post that you bolded.
    When it comes to Pros, Sniper typically just stays in one general spot (just hopping a bit or dodging left and right, if he is up against another Sniper), and no class can kill Pros better than he can.

And when it comes to killing bots, no class can do it better than Tank. Even if he stands in one spot.

L. Spiro
  3. DehydratedWater

I didn't actually bold anything, it was like that when I got it, I swear!

Seriously though, sniper isn't that overpowered. Sure, he could use sway, or a scope out, or something, but at the end of the day we have wide open maps with no alternate routes that completely avoid sniper line of fire.

Look at 2fort. Often considered a horrible map because of snipers. Even that map has the sewer, a path which you can take, completely unseen by snipers favorite spots.

I think the maps emphasize sniping too much, that is the real problem. I mean, the whole "high ground is better" + lack of sniper LoS obstacles, all of what there is being see through = LOLOLOLOL BEST SNIPER WINS
  4. Goose

Goose Active Member

I don't think the Tank with a railgun can kill bots faster than Snipers though. Up close yes, but Sniper is a better bot killer imho just because he doesn't need to put out as much effort.
  5. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

My magic formula for easy bot destruction at long range is to throw in a Product Grenade. It insta-kills Slim Bots and leaves Jack Bots with low-enough health that a single railgun shot is all it takes (you will usually get all of the Jack Bots with one shot since they will be lined up that way). So it is pretty effortless.

But I dont play Sniper and dont know really how effective his rifle is against bots with the explosive shells and armor-penetration. But regardless of its effectiveness, I can bet that it is still pretty effortless.

L. Spiro
  6. verden

verden New Member

lol, railgun with RoF does the job. In any case, it's a weird discussion. Why would sniper go for bots? You might as well tell the tank to counter the enemy sniper and the sin to focus on assault. I get it if you're pressured, but even then you might take a look to your left or right if there's a tank or sin nearby. You wouldn't steal a baby?
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I would.
  8. verden

verden New Member

I'm on a horse.
  9. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

In one of the skillplays, sweetheart, me tank and magic snoipa were pretty much countering you. Me, you and magic formed a right triangle so while you were strafing left-right for magic, i saw you strafing forward-backward, being an easy target for me. Though, it's advanced tactics and all that shizzle. In the same way, assassin is a counter to greande bouncing assault with her shurikens.
  10. verden

verden New Member

You start off including another player in the counter - none the less - a sniper, so I'll say "duh" and feel no need to explain furthur.

And dear god did you seriously just compare the retarded shurikens to the aoe grenades? Oh no son.. oh no no. Get a good angle and you can take out most classes with the grenades. Now shurikens have their purposes, but as a tool for killing I only see it useful for classes such as gunner or perhaps tank, and even then, it's barely anything more than a frightening tool or used to finish off a fleeing enemy.

You're better than this!
  11. MrHTRW

MrHTRW New Member

I use it after I slap some sense into someone then finishing them off with a few shruikens to the face.
  12. DehydratedWater

I think that we can all agree support is drastically overpowered and needs a massive nerf.

/thread
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

this is actually what people were saying when the game was new on 360. Pretty sure support topped the first "overpowered" poll
  14. Goose

Goose Active Member

Clearly...
  15. TNine

TNine New Member

Well, yes, Sniper is a very powerful bot pusher, and probably overpowered there too. But it would be somewhat overzealous to say that a Sniper can easily and instantly wipe out a bot wave from anywhere. Even at long range, a tanks is a far superior bot pusher, and no one can wipe out bots like a sin.
  16. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Tank is better at killing bots.
  17. TNine

TNine New Member

Really? I've always found the tank can't move from one lane to another as quickly, and Product Grenade is very powerful but can't compensate for the difference in mobility.

w/e, you have far more experience. Point is, Sniper isn't a super-powerful bot killer, probably the third best class at it.
  18. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Killing bots, not being all over the place and pushing bots. Tank can push one lane effectively without having to run away when seeing an enemy.
  19. eternal

eternal New Member

Tank is better at killing bots if he chooses not to really get juice from them.

Assassin is better at killing bots while gaining massive juice at the same time.

It is a toss up, I'd say that they are even since while Tank is overall better at it, the assassin is rewarded more for doing it.
  20. Goose

Goose Active Member

The assassin has to risk alot more to do it as well. It is harder for a Sin to kill bots when a Gunner or Tank is around preventing you from doing it whereas a Tank has no problems doing it with Product bombs and rails. Neither does a Sniper...