The most Overpowered class

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Coverop, April 26, 2011.

?

Who is the most overpowered class in Monday Night Combat?

1. Assassin

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Assault

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Tank

9 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Gunner

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Sniper

46 vote(s)
    46.5%
  6. Support

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Vexel

Vexel New Member

Definitely the sniper. The reasons have pretty much all been said already, so the short version is that Uber took every measure that other games utilize to balance sniper classes and chucked them out the window, creating a class that a lone player can use to completely lock down an entire enemy team from complete safety except from another one of the same class. Even potential hard counters are not only nullified by traps, but are actually turned into free kills if the sniper can react in time. Pile that on top of a powerful short-range game with a medium-strength gun with no damage drop-off and one of the best grapples in the game, it's a recipe for a class so out-of-line with the other's it's almost humorous.

Also, note that the only class that can really "annoy" the sniper is the assault, and he's the 2nd highest voted class, but just barely above the others. What that essentially says is that the bulk of the voter base believes sniper to be overpowered, and the bulk of the rest are snipers.
  2. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

Considering Gunner has 0 votes so far, that could actually be true. :lol:
  3. verden

verden New Member

Sniper isn't OP, there isn't anyone who can properly headshot anyways.

Please don't take headshot away :D
  4. CrancK

CrancK New Member

i want headshots with my mortar/grenade launcher/railgun ! :shock:

like BLAM head blown off...(+some torso) now that's a headshot :twisted:

(or hell, actually.... why can't ppl headshot with minigun/smg/ar/shotgun? bullet from sniper is so special only it can hit heads? or are the other bullets specially prepped to not hit insides of brains?)
  5. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

:shock: You've never played against Yanderman, Tiblolan, Hentai Tentacle Rape, ARSON1ST etc.?
  6. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Well.
    I'm not good with aiming with Sniper rifle but Sniper is kinda OP.

- Because he can get quickly Juice (Passive LVL 3 = "Explosive" bullets)
    - You need to be focused on aiming (mostly heads.... Gunner , Tank , Support are easy target)
    - Flak + Trap = You're ****'d up.

Usually I have score 20 / 6 / 4
  7. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You haven't played against verden right?

If not, do that, then you will get it.
  8. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

i would say, sniper for being able to OHK everything anywhere from the fasety of his own base.

then again, a offensive tank also is op as hell if played right, esp with speed.

and then my 3th would be the firebase D: but only vs light/mid classes.

gunner is prob the most balanced class atm and support maybe slightly to weak himself while his turret is kinda strong (as long as no heavies run by)
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Though I disagree now about him not being OP, I definitely agree with the rest of this. On the receiving end, taking damage from a sniper just feels like being hit by a random number generator. It's this constant damage-dealing force off in the distance that, in most cases, you can't do anything about other than try to run and hide.

And yes, very spammy class, which really should not be something that describes what is normally considered a precision role. High RoF, fast reload, no recoil.. not only does bodyshot spam still do an infuriatingly large amount of damage, but each one is also a possible headshot. It's almost silly to actually take careful aim for a headshot when you can just spray and pray for one.

I play sniper sometimes to prove this. I'm not great at aiming with the rifle, but I still get plenty of headshots, ragequits, and even some hackusations because I just shoot a lot.

Saying he only has 1/8 the damage output of the gunner is like saying something is only 1/8 as hot as the core of the Sun.

Wait, what? This is the spammiest damn sniper I've ever seen. High RoF, no recoil, no bolt action, fast reload, infinite ammo. Please don't be comparing it to horrible console games..

Yes, the idea of a sniper is fundamentally broken.

Best case scenario IMO would be to take away the rifle, give him a more interesting weapon instead, and rename the class.
  10. amandis

amandis New Member

obviously the assault mayority is choosing for the sniper class, cause thats the class that doesn't have to be in E or Q spam range :?
  11. verden

verden New Member

Well I play sniper from time to time, and it's just impossible to headshot classes such as gunner! If I'm lucky, I get one or two headshots total during a match, so I would honestly not call it OP :O
  12. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Try to imagine where his head could be hided by his armor.
    I honestly do quick scopes to make quick damage (and sometimes I'm really lucky to get Headshot).
    Also his Sinper rifle grapple is x2 better than Assault Charge Grapple thing.
  13. Vlane

Vlane New Member

You suck so hard. You could never headshot an assassin who is meleeing while stuck in one of the snipers ice traps. No, you are just f*ucking horrible. Go uninstall the game.
  14. verden

verden New Member

Hahah.. I love you Veelane :D
  15. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

I give the nod to Tank here, only barely, due to it's Charge. Support's Firebase I can also consider OP in a way due to requiring no aiming whatsoever, especially hacked, but I'm not sure what can be done about it without making Support underpowered.

Harassing Snipers should be left to Assassins via Shurikans as getting close runs the risk of running into traps.
  16. killien

killien Active Member

At base values, the Sniper is far from OP. His non-endorsed RoF/Mag size aren't that great
    It's once a player starts tacking on endorsements that beef the rifle is he nasty

Amandis, whoever that quote is from in your sig is making the grammar-nazi in me rage
  17. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

This is probably true, the core issue being the ROF Endorsement, however, I do find it useful in controlling bots should our team have a fail sin or even a fail tank (God forbid).
  18. Fluttershy

Fluttershy New Member

That's the only reason I run gold Rate of Fire, makes bot clearing easier, since I don't usually need more than 2 shots on a pro to land a headshot.
  19. killien

killien Active Member

Hm, doing some maths it seems that Gold/Silver RoF/Mag combos on a Sniper only grant 2 extra shots per 10 second window
  20. Goose

Goose Active Member

Bro, you don't play PC version. Snipers are a much bigger problem with M&K then they will ever be on Xbox. And the good Snipers have been listed here multiple times.