The MNCup Tournament

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by groundcontrol, November 3, 2013.

1. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

I'll captain.
  2. frank fotaine

frank fotaine Member

I actually thought that the draft was a fairly interesting idea. I still think it would be a pretty good idea (considering the 3 class limitation). It just didn't go anywhere because we didn't have a fourth captain. I still think its worth a shot. I just wasn't aware that I guess people were kinda expecting me to captain. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to the mnc community.

I don't know exactly how well a party of just captains talking will pan out. Either way, I believe one team will be fairly unbalanced. I think you guys should do a test to see what the teams would have been had the draft happened.

But I agree that the only way for this to even go anywhere is for quick action because the longer we wait the more people will forget and go back to their usual derp.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

If you get three or four captains willing to draft, I can try to submit my own team into the mix. I know that doesn't sound fair, but I am attempting to gather players who I felt had potential but usually flew under the radar, so I won't be stacking.

I still feel like a draft tournament is very unreliable. There's a severe lack of dedication from various players. Just look at how few are motivated to captain. The reason these rarely work is because nobody wants to compete enough to put their own team together. I think last one we drafted 8 to a team just incase and we still had some trouble.

Realistically, I do see us being able to put together 4 teams. I should be able to put one together, and skill is usually good at getting one together. That means we just need 12 more.
  4. tomcruise2les

tomcruise2les New Member

Ill captain also if you need a 4th.
  5. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

Sorry we already have katieholmes_555 to captain
  6. tomcruise2les

tomcruise2les New Member

Katieholmes_555 is my alt, get good, get at me, and get geico.
  7. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

Just have each captain make their team and have 4 teams. No one will complain as long as we get to play the game.
  8. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

If your online tonight teapot join leads party and we will get teams sorted.
  9. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Good Point, but choosing me as an example is bad. I'm always on MNC.
  10. joker

joker Active Member

I'd throw my name in there if it were more towards teapot's idea of being able to enter your own reasonable & unstacked team. History always repeats itself in this game, look how many preset team matches have occurred over the years vs how many draft team matches have. Complete lack of faith will keep vets from believing this can happen and complete lack of commitment will prevent the more casual PM crowd from showing up with draft teams.

Disclaimer: I'm not a captain, assault, or gunner
  11. xshammas

I reeeeaally hope this happens because pubs are just too easy and not fun.
  12. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

is this happening?
  13. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

i could always put a team of scrubs together to slap any TOP/STACKED TEAMS out there if need be.
  14. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Seems like no one is mapping-out the next step... We have the 4 captains(LeadLP,SKILL,GC2MT,Tpot). We have the 20 rosters. Why not the four captains do their role and actually choose teams, or even better, communicate and show the forums that you are so this topic doesn't get forgotten.

I think this has been the most interesting and fun topic anyone has suggested around here in a long while, so let's actually do it.

As for the drafting, the suggested idea from GC2MT seems fine to me, but if it terns out to have one unbalanced team obvious enough for the 4 captains to notice they will pick again and try to even out the teams.

For Tpot making his own team....? Doesn't exactly fit into the drafting system and would cause more problems.

People are over thinking this instead of doing it. We have the 4 captains, we have the 20 rosters, we don't have teams. Let's take the next step
  15. xshammas

Each captain just make a team, argue out any overlaps, and then we'll play.
  16. groundcontrol

groundcontrol Member

Here if anyone has any problems with this just say so and i'll change it around.

Sattawtf - Gunner
    GC2MT - Assault
    AlphabetTaco - Tank
    SkittlesInThere - Assassin
    RandomToon - Sniper
    BotPunchules - Support
  17. xshammas

18. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

19. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

me tryhard yosh scratch james jump

NUFF NUFF
  20. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

If you could mark out the names of those chosen, it'd be easier.